PT68.S4.G4 - an editor will edit seven articles

brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
edited August 2016 in Logic Games 1489 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-68-section-4-game-4/
I'm having some serious trouble with this game. Any thoughts/suggestions? I've done other sequencing games with conditional rules, of course, but nothing as open ended as this one. Can anyone think of any similar games?

I've taken a pretty substantial LSAT break and it could just be that I'm a bit rusty but I'm having trouble nailing this one down even after a few repetitions (not typical for me).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bump!
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    I did this game by 1) splitting the game board into two possible worlds based on whether Q is third; 2) distinguishing the items by placing them into circle, square, and triangle. For every question, I tested the two worlds. Total spent around 12 mins.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @Luluc1234- The shape idea is great. I'll have to try it out. Just curious, where did you get your LG training? 7Sage? LSAT Trainer? I know that the shapes are used in the Trainer, maybe I'll review those sections. Thanks for your reply!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @brna0714 said:
    I know that the shapes are used in the Trainer, maybe I'll review those sections.
    Shapes! Shapes! Shapes!

It's been a while since I did this game ... Have you reviewed shapes/reattempted?
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    This one is all about the F/N allocation. It also kind of hinges on J-G-R and what clues you get from the questions. When I went back and did it just now, I arrived at most of my answers by taking the tiny piece of info the question gave me, filling in the board with it, then deducing based on the JGR rule. If you can pin something down as definitely being in spot 3, you can contrapose the only-if rule. If Q isn't in 3, Q must be before S. S being before Y didn't really help a whole lot, but it was enough to push out a few slight modifications to my board.

If you want a similar game, find the one about Terns in Gladwyn Hall. (I really can't remember much else about that one) it was a bit easier game, but was essentially the same in terms of the inferences that needed to be made. The distribution is key on these. Also, the one about Professors and Interns in offices 1 thru 7. The professors can't be next to each other so it forces a P/I/P/I type distribution. I really wish I could pinpoint the test numbers on these games, but alas, they are now distant memories :-D
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    @brna0714 , I just used 7 sage. I believe using shapes/underline/sub-notations to distinguish items occurred in a few logic game videos, though they were never specifically emphasized.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I haven't had a chance to review the Trainer chapters yet but I did reattempt the game. The shapes, although fairly time consuming for me personally, definitely cleared things up. I'll have to seek out and drill some shape games.

@Luluc1234 - Interesting. I'll definitely seek out those games and watch their videos.

@"Dr. Yamata" -Thanks, man. I remember the games you mentioned but for whatever reason I don't remember having the same "WTF" reaction. Maybe I'll repeat them and see where I stand.