Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum V2 Beta

ddremauriceddremaurice Core Member
in General 10 karma

Hello! I just signed up for 7Sage and I look forward to diving in! I’m curious about the new Core Curriculum V2 Beta. Is it safe for me to start here if I have no former LSAT experience? Should I wait to take the Practice Tests until after I’m through the CC? I notice V2 takes significantly less time than V1. Should I worry about this?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Sashell - Student ServiceSashell - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    245 karma

Hi @andrenorrils373

The only difference between CCv2 and CCv1 is that CC v2 presents LR through a more streamlined and unified theoretical framework. It's not completely different from CC v1, but we thoroughly explained LR in CC v2; no need to worry about the fact that v2 takes less time. The RC AND LG sections are still the same.

Please know that you can switch back to the old Core Curriculum at any time. You can do this by scrolling to the top of the Syllabus page, and clicking "Switch to V1".

Also, we recommend taking a diagnostic test––the June 2007 test, if you haven't seen it before––as you are starting the Core Curriculum. If you haven't done this yet, start there. We also recommend going through the full CC before taking more full Practice Tests, but this isn't necessary. So, if you want to try out some PTs before you have finished the CC, go for it! This can be advantageous, as you can pinpoint your weaknesses from your PT results, and focus more on the parts of the CC that address the question types you are missing."

• imtryingmybestimtryingmybest Core Member
    10 karma

I'm around half way through LR in version 1. Should I switch over to v2 to complete LR or should i stick with v1?

• shewalks0801shewalks0801 Core Member
    13 karma

same for me! just reached my half way point through version 1 curriculum. when should i make the switch? I don't want to hinder my progress or repeat things unnecessarily. Thanks!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2023 4572 karma

@imtryingmybest @shewalks0801

Where v2 is right now, we think you'll get the most out of your studies by switching over. There's no need to redo modules that you've already done, unless you find yourself needing a refresher, but we think that v2 approaches LR in a more unified theoretical framework, which can help with your learning process!

• EricLelio93EricLelio93 Core Member
    87 karma

beta v2 is not appearing on my syllabus. How to I access?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

@"ericpassaglia-1" said:
    beta v2 is not appearing on my syllabus. How to I access?

Hi there,

I just gave your account access to the new Core Curriculum v2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

If you would like to switch back to the old Core Curriculum, scroll to the top of the Syllabus page, and click "Switch to V1". See the GIF below:

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, I’m here to assist you.

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    323 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" - Hi there, most grateful if you could grant me access to V2 as well. Thank you.

• GoElleSATGoElleSAT Core Member
    13 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" - Could you give me access to the new CC V2 as well? Thank you.

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited April 2023 848 karma

Hi @Excellence and @"Love the LSAT"

I just gave both your account an access to the new Core Curriculum v2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

If you would like to switch back to the old Core Curriculum, scroll to the top of the Syllabus page, and click "Switch to V1". See the GIF below:

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Bookworm-1Bookworm-1 Member
    43 karma

so to be clear cv2 is fully complete in all the lessons and is enough to use by itself? Or do we need to use both the original and this version?

• LSATandMe-1LSATandMe-1 Alum Member
    22 karma

V2 is not on my syllabus. I would like access to V2 as well. Thank you!

• Rebecca ChenRebecca Chen Core Member
    26 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" - Could you give me access to the new CC V2 as well? Thank you.

• dag_6610dag_6610 Core Member
    63 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" @"Paula --Student Service--" Hi, I also seem to not have access to the CC V2. Would I be able to have access? Thank you!

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@"Bookworm-1" said:
    so to be clear cv2 is fully complete in all the lessons and is enough to use by itself? Or do we need to use both the original and this version?

Yes, CC v2 is fully complete and you can use it without swtiching back to CC v1. Please note that the RC and LG sections of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help!

edited April 2023 848 karma

Hi @"Rebecca Chen" @dag_6610 ,

I just gave both your account an access to the new Core Curriculum v2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

• DoughnutDoughnut Core Member
    60 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--"
    Hi there, would I be able to access V2 as well? Thank you.

• eugenechoieugenechoi Alum Member
    3 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--"
    Hello, may I also get access to v2? Thank you!

• Bookworm-1Bookworm-1 Member
    43 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--" said:

@"Bookworm-1" said:

Yes, CC v2 is fully complete and you can use it without swtiching back to CC v1. Please note that the RC and LG sections of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help!

Hi Paula, that's so encouraging to hear. I love this version so much better so I'm very relieved to hear this. Thank you for such a quick response!

• jdrexBostonjdrexBoston Core Member
    edited April 2023 3 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" @"Paula --Student Service--" Hello, could I also receive access to the CC V2? Much appreciated. Thank you!

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

Hi @Doughnut @eugenechoi @jdrexBoston

I just gave your accounts access to the new Core Curriculum v2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

• edited April 2023 8 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service"

Hi! Can I please get access to v2 as well?

Thanks in advance.

• JinglebellsJinglebells Live Member
    edited April 2023 64 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" Hi! Can I please get access to the V2? Thank you so much! Never mind! Figured it out in account settings!

• lenninmbarreralenninmbarrera Core Member
    14 karma

@Jinglebells Can explain how you were able to do it? Please and thank you!

• JinglebellsJinglebells Live Member
    64 karma

@lenninmbarrera I received a notification from 7Sage (it popped up on my screen) that had a special link attached to it to switch to V2. I can't seem to find the message once I exited out of it tho - sorry it's not more helpful!

848 karma

Hi @chelseabarcenas @lenninmbarrera ,

I just gave your accounts access to the new Core Curriculum v2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

848 karma

Hi All,

You can switch to the new Core Curriculum v2 by following the steps below:

1. Go to your Account Settings via this special link
    2. Under "Profile Settings," put a checkmark on "Try new curriculum (beta)"
    3. Click "Save Changes"
    4. Navigate to the "Course" tab and then click "Syllabus"
    5. Scroll down and check to see if you have successfully switched to the Core Curriculum v2
    6. If you would like to switch back to the old Core Curriculum, scroll to the top of the Syllabus page, and click "Switch to V1". See the GIF below:image

Please let us know what you think of the new content, good or bad. We're all ears! If you have any questions, we're here to help!

• sommy030sommy030 Core Member
    edited April 2023 3 karma

@"Cherry - Student Service" @"Paula --Student Service--" When I open V2, I cannot see the 4 circles at the top showing my progress. Also, the lessons do not have headings separating LR, LG, and RC. The last section shown for LR is "Parallel or analogy questions," then it suddenly jumps to "science passages." Can you please help me fix this?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2023 4572 karma

@sommy030 - We haven't integrated every single feature version 1 has into version 2 quite yet! Thank you for being patient while we work through the kinks of our beta test!

• cindingalingcindingaling Alum Member
    edited July 2023 9 karma

Hi, sorry that I couldn't find it anywhere, but could anyone please remind me which PTs are used as examples in V2? Just try to skip them in practice. * #help (Added by admin) *