Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you to move past theory and start seeing score improvements?

masonthomas00masonthomas00 Alum Member
in General 16 karma

As I am working with my tutor and going through the CC and getting more of a deeper understanding or the test, I feel more confused than when I was studying just by drilling and PTing through Khan academy. My scores before were pretty alright, with a high of 165.

Now that I am learning the CC, I feel like I overthink all the questions and I have learned so much in so little time that it is hard to remember it all when I am doing questions. How have you gotten past this? To some extent I know it is just me essentially having to unlearn my intuition which had gotten me to where I was. But how long should I expect that to take?

I want to score a min of 170, but really am shooting for 175+, and while I theoretically have a long time to study, I want to take the Aug. test.

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

2-3 days

• decesares1decesares1 Member
    85 karma

So, I think the important thing to keep in mind is that while your intuition may have served you well, you should understand why you got a particular question right. What was it, specifically, that you intuitively picked up on, and why were you able to identify the correct answer? It is as important to understand why you got a question right as it is to understand why you got a question wrong, in my opinion. In this way, you'll be able to move from a mere gut feeling ("intuition") to a true understanding, and that will bring consistency.