Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum Version 2 (Open Beta)

Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited May 2023 in General 4572 karma

Hey 7Sagers!

We're launching the beta version of the new Core Curriculum which teaches Logical Reasoning more efficiently and effectively! If you're curious, go to your account settings via this link: https://7sage.com/account/?try_v2=1

1. Under "Profile Settings," put a checkmark on "Try new curriculum (beta)"
  2. Click "Save Changes"
  3. Click "Syllabus" and you'll be looking at the beta version!

Remember, this version is still undergoing beta testing. You may come across a few quirks or notice some features from Version 1 that aren't quite yet integrated. We're doing our best to fully switch over, and we appreciate your patience as our team makes the switch!

If you want to learn more, you can watch this YouTube video:

💡 Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding Version 2. If your question isn't answered on this forum post, then feel free to comment and ask below! For now, please keep all questions regarding the new Core Curriculum on this thread. If you have any feedback regarding Version 2, we'd love to hear it, too!

So...what's the difference?

CCv2 (Core Curriculum Version 2) presents LR through a more streamlined and unified theoretical framework. It's not completely different from CCv1, but we've thoroughly explained LR in CCv2. The RC and LG lessons of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same.

The new core lessons use LR questions from PrepTests 61-65, so if you're down to your last few clean PTs and they happen to be those, then this probably isn't for you. But if you're not worried about running out of clean PTs, then this is a great opportunity to see what we've been cooking up!

Can I switch back to Version 1 if I want to?

Yes! If you would like to switch back to the old Core Curriculum, scroll to the top of our "Syllabus" page and click the "Switch to V1" button. It's next to the "Collapse" button.

Should I immediately switch?

We think yes. Since Version 2 teaches Logical Reasoning more efficiently and effectively, we recommend switching to CCv2 completely. Please note that the RC and LG lessons of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same. What's changed are the Foundations and Logical Reasoning lessons. Additionally, the new lessons use LR questions from PrepTests 61-65, so if you're down to your last few clean PTs and they happen to be those, then this probably isn't for you. But if you're not worried about running out of clean PTs, then this is a great opportunity to see what we've been cooking up!

I've already completed Version 1. Should I go back and redo Version 2?

In this situation, the best way to utilize Version 2 is to look at which question types in your analytics you think you should prioritize, and then view the new lessons for that question type. For example, if your analytics say that you should prioritize Sufficient Assumption questions, then go study and review the new lessons on Sufficient Assumptions.

Version 2 is shorter than Version 1. Should I be worried?

Not at all! JY has explained the Logical Reasoning lessons in Version 2 in a more efficient manner. The RC and LG sections are still the same.

I'm around halfway through LR in Version 1. Should I switch over to Version 2 to complete LR, or should I stick with Version 1?

With where Version 2 is right now, we think you'll get the most out of your studies by switching over. There's no need to redo modules that you've already done, unless you find yourself needing a refresher, but we think that Version 2 approaches LR in a more unified theoretical framework, which can help with your learning process!

I can't find CCv2 in my Syllabus!

Email our student services and let them know (studentservice@7sage.com). They can switch your account on the back end.

Are the lessons in CCv2 fully complete?

Yes! CCv2 is fully complete and you can use it without switching back to CCv1.

Why are there no video lessons for the Foundation lessons?

JY is currently in the process of recording video lessons for the Foundation lessons. Stay tuned for updates on their availability!

Comments

• kcarlson2021kcarlson2021 Alum Member
    edited April 2023 10 karma

Does my progress from v1 switch over to v2 or will I have to do that manually? For example, do my completed logic games lessons in v1 mark as completed in v2 as well?

Also, are the problem sets for LG included on v2, or are they no longer recommended?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1390 karma

@kcarlson2021 CC v2 is a new set of Core Curriculum, so you won't be able to see your lesson progress from V1. Please note that the RC and LG sections of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same but instead of Problem Sets, you will have the option to create a custom Drill after each lesson.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• ApplestoOrangesApplestoOranges Core Member
    edited April 2023 13 karma

Hi, I switched to V2 but I can't see my progress in the pie graph illustrations. When I switch back to V1 I can see. I understand that they're different curriculums however I've manually ticked off the sections I completed in V2 and I still don't see anything. Is there anyway for me to track my V2 progress in the same way? It's helpful for me to see how many hours I've completed.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

@ApplestoOranges We haven't implemented a feature to see your progress on V2 yet, but we're working on getting it out asap!

edited April 2023 10 karma

@"Chris Nguyen" What do you think the timeline is on the progress tracker from v1 to v2? Should I go ahead and do it manually, or wait until the update? Thanks!

4572 karma

@kcarlson2021 Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline on the progress tracker. I'd go ahead and track the progress manually for now. Thank you for being patient while we work through this beta test!

• latinx33456latinx33456 Core Member
    139 karma

I don't see the Beta option on my account. I also emailed SS and got a bounce back email.... "We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (ss) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

• You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
    • The owner of the group may have removed this group.
    • You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
    • This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/7sage.com/bin/topic.py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

7sage.com admins"

• tayoung619tayoung619 Alum Member
    edited May 2023 3 karma

Posted something and realized it was in the FAQ! Nevermind!

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited May 2023 848 karma

Hi @cannation, I'm so sorry for the trouble! I just switched your account to CCv2, you should now be able to access the new LR lessons in the Syllabus.

If you would like to switch back to the old Core Curriculum, scroll to the top of the Syllabus page, and click "Switch to V1". See the GIF below:

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or email us at studentservice@7sage.com, I’m here to assist you.

• shibaENUshibaENU Core Member
    102 karma

Timeline for JY's explanation videos for CCv2? Thanks!

10 karma

@"Chris Nguyen" Why are the practice tests not on the v2 version? This makes creating a study schedule a bit difficult. Will they be added soon?

4572 karma

@Koonaniii video explanations are up for all new Logical Reasoning lessons. The videos for the fundamentals lessons won't be up for a while, but tune in this summer when JY will be teaching live classes on it!

@kcarlson2021 Thanks for the feedback! This version is still undergoing beta testing, so you may come across a few quirks or notice some features from Version 1 that aren't quite yet integrated. We're doing our best to fully switch over, and we appreciate your patience as our team makes the switch!

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

where are all the videos? is the beta basically just notes we read?

10 karma

@"Chris Nguyen" Okay, so how come v2 is recommended if it is not accurate and missing info?

edited May 2023 4572 karma

Hey @kcarlson2021,

Sorry about that! The PrepTests are showing on my end actually, so I'll have student services DM you to investigate why it's not showing on your end. In the meantime, you can access every single PrepTest by hovering over "Practice," and clicking "PrepTests."

Even though some video explanations are missing, the written explanations are entirely comprehensive. As regards to content being not accurate, we'd love it if you could point to us where that's the case so we can improve our product! You can email us the issue at studentservice@7sage.com.

edited May 2023 4572 karma

Hey @Juan23vr,

The Foundation lessons are currently text based, but everything else has video explanations. If you want to start where the videos begin, you can do so here: https://7sage.com/lesson/mc-lesson-1-lsat62-s4-question-01/

• nataliegretchen.bellnataliegretchen.bell Alum Member
    edited May 2023 2 karma

Does beta v2 have the lessons in the same order as v1? I don't see my progress of green check marks for things ive already completed when I toggle back to v1.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"nataliegretchen.bell" No, the CC v2 lessons are not in the same order as CC v1.

Sorry for the trouble. You should be able to see your progress when you toggle back to CC v1. Please try the following troubleshooting tips:

1. Clear your browser's cache with these steps: https://7sage.com/clear-cache/

2. Try using a different browser. We find that the Chrome browser works best with our course but Firefox and Safari work well do.

Again, I am terribly sorry for the trouble. If you are still having trouble, please let me know what device you are using (Windows or Mac) and what browser you are using so that I can further investigate the issue.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

Thank you for the reply so will the lessons be text based from now only?

• Grace KaurGrace Kaur Core Member
    9 karma

It would be really convenient to see our progress like we did in Version 1, that's something that really encourages me to keep going.

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    583 karma

@Juan23vr Yes, for the Foundation lessons, they will be text-based for now.

@"Grace Kaur" We're working to get the progress tracker for CC v2 out as soon as possible, but we don't have a timeline yet. Thank you for your feedback! 

• WhiteTulipWhiteTulip Live Member
    3 karma

It would have been nice to know that V2 was an option when I first signed up for 7Sage a couple of weeks ago, rather than learning about it in the V1 forum section. I have the same issue where the PrepTests aren't showing up, making it difficult for me to create a study schedule. Also, is there a section within V2 to have users take the June 2007 PrepTest?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@Juan23vr @"Mary - Student Service" J.Y. is going to make videos for the foundations lessons, but we're not sure when they will be ready. Sorry about that! It takes a long time to produce the videos well.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    edited May 2023 7262 karma

@WhiteTulip @kcarlson2021 We've taken the PrepTests out of the Core Curriculum in v2 and moved them to https://7sage.com/preptests/. We did this for a couple reasons. First, we thought the PrepTests page was a better and more organized way to show all the PTs. Second, we don't necessarily recommend waiting until the end of your studies to take a PT, and then trying to take every PT!

We tried to rectify this in the new Study Scheduler, which assigns lessons more like a human tutor would. If you don't like it, however, we value your feedback. We're learning from all of you and trying to make the best tool we can for you.

• Hinata91-1-1-1-1-1Hinata91-1-1-1-1-1 Live Member
    8 karma

With the June LSAT coming up, would it be beneficial to switch to a newer curriculum? I want to see what it is about and if it will be helpful, but not at the expense of altering too much of my thought process. Thanks in advance.

• derekrkostderekrkost Core Member
    3 karma

Hello, I noticed that my beta 2 RC is only showing one section: "Science Passages" while the original version has much more than that... it also looks like much of fundamentals are different even though these comments make it seem like only LR was changed... just wondering what's up

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@derekrkost, sorry about that!Since the time of this post, we've made some updates. We recently removed a few RC lessons that we considered outdated, and we're planning to replace them with new content in the near future. Additionally, we've also updated the Foundation lessons, so there have been changes across the board, not just in LR.

We're continuously working to refine our materials and provide you with the best possible experience. If you have any more questions or observations, feel free to share. Your feedback is instrumental in helping us improve!

• Samank391Samank391 Alum Member
    24 karma

I'm about 50 percent done with V1 of LR. My only concern is using the newer pts as practice as I thought that the whole point of only using PTs 1-35 in V1 was to keep all of the "newer" PTS (36-90) clean for practice. What would be recommended? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

• kristengkristeng Core Member
    52 karma

Anyone else find that V2 is very confusing? I thought I would try it out and went back to V1 because even just explaining simple logic was done in a very obscure and convoluted manner.

• RORO_818RORO_818 Live Member
    5 karma

Hello! any news on when the videos for the foundations are going to be up? Currently finding just reading text a bit difficult. Please help ):

• elisabeth.b.mcdonaldelisabeth.b.mcdonald Core Member
    3 karma

I am not able to switch to Beta version in my settings. It is not presented as an option #help