Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registration for the August 2023 to June 2024 LSAT Administrations is now open

Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
edited May 2023 in General 848 karma

The LSAC recently announced that the registration for the August 2023 to June 2024 LSAT administrations is now open.

The following is a list of the upcoming LSAT test dates and registration deadlines
for United States (Including Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada:

June 2023 LSAT
The week starting Friday, June 9
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023

August 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, August 11
Registration Deadline: Thursday, June 29, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2023

September 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, September 8
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023

October 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, October 13
Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023

November 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, November 10
Registration Deadline: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2023

January 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, January 12
Registration Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2024

February 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, February 9
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, December 26, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2024

April 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, April 12
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Score Release Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2024

June 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Friday, June 7
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, April 23, 2024
Score Release Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2024

International Administration
Regions:
* Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
* Australia and New Zealand
* Asia and South Pacific Islands
* Mexico, and the Caribbean (Excluding Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands)

June 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Tuesday, June 13
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023

October 2023 LSAT
The week starting: Saturday, October 14
Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023

January 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Saturday, January 13
Registration Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Score Release Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2024

April 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Saturday, April 13
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Score Release Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2024

June 2024 LSAT
The week starting: Saturday, June 8
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, April 23, 2024
Score Release Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Please note that each administration’s registration deadline is also the last day to request disability-related testing accommodations, assistive technology, a free Test Date Change, and/or a full refund.

Each administration’s discounted test date change deadline is also the last day to request a partial $50 refund.

After the discounted test date change deadline, you may continue to request test date changes for the full registration fee of $222. Your request must be made by 11:59 p.m. (ET) the day before testing begins.

If you find you are unable to take the LSAT after the test date change and refund deadlines have passed, please withdraw your registration through your LSAC online account by 11:59 p.m. (ET), the day before you are scheduled to test. Withdrawing your registration will prevent an absentee notation from appearing on your LSAC file.

Given the expressed preference of the substantial majority of test takers, the LSAC will continue to provide the LSAT in an online, live remote-proctored format.

Comments

• jktwok999jktwok999 Core Member
    29 karma

Will this imply LG will stay?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@jktwok999 said:

As per LSAC, they are testing a new type of section that will show up on some (not all) test takers' 4th section. This is research that the LSAC is doing to see if LG can be replaced. Depending on the research results, they may decide not to replace LG. If they do decide to use this new section, it won't show up as a scored section on the LSAT for at least two years. And if they do decide to use this as a new section, they will release PrepTests with this new section at least six months prior.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

• grantsholt2018-1grantsholt2018-1 Core Member
    6 karma

Two questions: Are remote tests still offered? And if so, did they change their remote test provider?

• LSATfighterLSATfighter Alum Member
    6 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--" said:

@jktwok999 said:

As per LSAC, they are testing a new type of section that will show up on some (not all) test takers' 4th section. This is research that the LSAC is doing to see if LG can be replaced. Depending on the research results, they may decide not to replace LG. If they do decide to use this new section, it won't show up as a scored section on the LSAT for at least two years. And if they do decide to use this as a new section, they will release PrepTests with this new section at least six months prior.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

Hello,

I am planning to take LSAT in September, and I just became aware of this "new section". Will it affect the September LSAT? Do we have to prep for it somehow since it vastly differs from the traditional sections?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1430 karma

@LSATfighter said:
    Hello,

I am planning to take LSAT in September, and I just became aware of this "new section". Will it affect the September LSAT? Do we have to prep for it somehow since it vastly differs from the traditional sections?

Hi there,

As Paula have mentioned, LSAC said that if they do decide to use this new section, it won't show up as a scored section on the LSAT for at least two years. And if they do decide to use this as a new section, they will release PrepTests with this new section at least six months prior.

Since they have not made an announcement yet about using this new section, the September LSAT will not be affected.

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Not sure if we're "allowed" to ask this, but does this mean if we see an odd section that it is likely to be the experimental?