edited December 2019 in General 108 karma

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Go for it, buddy, and nail it.

Best of luck.
  • zhenderszhenders Free Trial Member
    228 karma
    I'm ALL about making sure to max out your potential :)
  • higdon37higdon37 Alum Member
    edited January 2014 68 karma
    With as much as I have learned in a couple of months of reading The LSAT Trainer and then supplementing with this course, I definitely feel like you will be in a very good spot come October '14 if you complete this course and keep up the practice until then.

Note: I wish I would have started this course sooner and then supplemented with the book, not the other way around. :)

This course and that book compliment one another very well. They should seriously consider joining forces and raise the prices to cover including a copy of that book with all of the other material. Whenever I have been stuck with a grasping an idea with either, the other makes it clear.

Just some food for thought, considering you have quite a long time to go before your test date now.
  • Kaizen099Kaizen099 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2019 108 karma
  • Labelle80Labelle80 Alum Member
    41 karma
    Hi Higdon37,

Which one of the 7sage course did you take? I am interested in taking one of the 7sage courses but I am not sure which one of the best one for me so your suggestion and advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, how useful did you find the lsat trainer in your studying for the lsat? I am looking forward to hearing from you.
    Hi wislene charles,

I found both 7sage and the book to be very useful. Specifically, the LG curriculum is well supplemented by using one with the other. Mike Kim has a lot of really good insight that he shares for different question types and uses very similar diagramming for LG as 7sage does. I took what I consider to be the best of both worlds and use an amalgam of both techniques that are taught for LG.

It's not just beneficial with LG, however. Additionally, with LR and RC you get to see and hear insights and wisdom from two different LSAT pros. Seeing how JY tackles various question types and seeing how Kim does it really helped me to combine some strategy.

I learn best by reading. So naturally, the book is of great benefit to me and so, too, are all of the visual representations that JY adds to each of his lessons. As The LSAT Trainer uses PT52-55 for a lot of its instruction, I chose the LSAT Premium course, so I could have additional explanation when needed. I also liked the additional problem sets that the premium course offers.

I am testing, on average, 13 points higher than my diagnostic (151), with only about 2 months of study so far, with a 3 month break in between. I have considerable room for improvement still, but likely not enough time for the Feb. LSAT to get anywhere near my potential using these two study resources. I'd imagine anyone with 4+ months of time could really unlock their fullest potential using these resources.

I'm a cop and have no desires for big law nor do I care much about rankings. My school's 50% median is 157 so I'm just aiming for their top 25% (162), so I skimped some on the amount of time I've devoted to studying. In hindsight, I wish I had not, but it may very well work out okay for me thanks to both of these study resources that I have found.

Good luck and score high!
  • lawyermimilawyermimi Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I plan on taking the Oct. 2014 test as well, and am on a slow & steady study schedule for Fall 2015 admission. I'm doing the exact same as PP, LSAT Trainer & 7sage. I read the Trainer free chapters and I really like his writing & explanations. Good Luck!
  • Labelle80Labelle80 Alum Member
    41 karma
    Hello Higdon37 and Lawyermimi,

Thank you very much for your advice. it was really helpful.
  • jeliuuuujeliuuuu Alum Member
    6 karma
    Quick question for those who've done lsat trainer and 7 sage. Should I do them simultaneously? Like when i'm doing a specific section in the lsat trainer, follow up with the 7sage part or vice versa? What are your thoughts?
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @janiceliu87: I have both the 7sage course and the lsat trainer. Honestly, after using the 7sage course syllabus--it's really the only thing I use. I believe JY recommends the lsat trainer in some video--just remember the 7sage course is more than enough on its own.
    I would also agree that 7sage provides more than enough content to prep for the LSAT. The book is helpful if you just want another angle of insight. For me, having both helped me through some areas I was struggling with by being able to see different approaches and/or explanations.

I read the book before I started the course. If you have plenty of time on your hands, I don't think it would matter much in terms of whether you do one before the other. If you have a limited amount of time, I would lean towards recommending 7sage's curriculum and then completing as many timed PrepTests as you can fit in prior to your test, with proper blind review of course. In the end it really depends on quickly you grasp the material and what type of learning style suits you best.