Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you divvy up your study time between lessons, drills, PTs?

danlsatmandanlsatman Core Member
edited July 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 32 karma

Just starting out here. Hoping to take the November LSAT. Studying about 4 hours 5 days a week.

Comments

• hank2023hank2023 Alum Member
    edited July 2023 62 karma

I think you get the most value out of PTs if you save them until after finishing the lessons (or at least quite a few lessons). I went through all of the foundations, logic games, and a decent portion of the LR lessons before taking any more PTs (I was already doing well on RC).

I think that you need to determine for yourself how many of the drills to do. Ideally, you'd do drills until you feel like you have complete mastery (or as close to complete mastery as you can get). Logic games are particularly important to do as many as you can, since a lot of similar situations repeat under different disguises, and the same inferences apply. The same sort of logic applies to LR. A lot of the argument styles and different flaws appear over and over again in different PTs, and having seen them before helps a lot.

I did all of the LG drills, whether or not I felt like I had control over the game type. For LR, If I was uncomfortable with a question type, I'd do all of the drills. If I was confident with a question type, I'd try some of the medium and hard drills and move on if they went well.

• david.giribaldidavid.giribaldi Alum Member
    53 karma

I do it like this:

18 questions in LR taking as much time as necessary but try to keep a little tempo
    3 reading passages taking as much time as necessary but try to keep a little tempo
    3 logic games taking as much time as necessary but try to keep a little tempo

Then a full timed passage on one of the three.

Also 1 or 2 full prep tests a week.

I have been studying over a year now so if you are just beginning I suggest all the core curriculum stuff to get some gauge for the basics but there is nothing that has helped me more than just doing the actual test questions. (the study plan above is about 2 hours not including tests)

• GageGreen00GageGreen00 Core Member
    13 karma

I don't really care for the lessons much tbh, but my learning style is definitely more "do" rather than "listen."

I personally grind out the drills every weekday for a few hours. At the end of the day, I review each of my incorrect or "marked for review" questions; logging them into an excel sheet on what went wrong, why my answer choice was incorrect, and why the correct answer choice was correct.

On Friday, I watch lessons on the subject matters that I had incorrect answers on (assuming the mistake was due to a gap in knowledge rather than a simple execution error).

On Saturday and Sunday, I take a 2 full prep tests on each day with a test-setting.

Rinse and repeat until I take my final LSAT :)