Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
Hey guys, just wondering, I have the LSAT starter from 7sage, and I was thinking of upgrading to ultimate, but my dilemma is that I am only purchasing the ultimate for the PT explanations, I already own all of the pt's from 1-75. Is the purchase worth it just for explanations?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The explanations are the whole reason to get the ultimate and they are exactly what you're paying for since PDFs are now effectively banned. The only thing I would caution you to understand is that when you upgrade, you only get an extra month of access, but you can always add more months later. In the end you just have to figure out what your needs are and what investment you are willing to make.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    you get 2 months extension. I am willing to make w.e investment lol, you have no idea how much study material I have lol. I have the MP RC, and LR guide, all the prep tests, 1-75, the PS bundle which includes LG, LR, and RC along with the workbooks, as well as the trainer, so investment as you can see is no issue lol. My question is, is it worth paying $370 for the explanations? and a 2 months extension.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It's worth it.
    531 karma
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I also started with the starter course because I also had every PT available at the time. I used a different course before discovering 7Sage. I had every PT but I did not have the explanations available unless if I looked them up on other sites. Of course, they weren't videos, but I was going through different explanations by different individuals. I like consistency. Everyone has different methods and techniques for the LSAT. But if I'm using 7Sage and the person writing out their explanation for a certain answer choice is using a different prep course then I may become even more confused or not truly understand that specific question, even though I may think I do. By upgrading my account I was able to look over every explanation that JY has available for us. Also, it's consistent with what I've learned using this course. And his explanations always makes so much sense. I'm so used to only using his explanations and how he breaks everything down for us. You'll get used to, if you aren't already, hearing his voice in the back of your head when you're taking a PT and doing POE on 4 answer choices. Also, after BR I like to go through every single explanation and compare my reasoning to JY's.
    8021 karma
    It's definitely worth it because it is basically giving you a private tutor for every single question covered for a fraction of the price of a personal tutor or any other prep course. It is an insanely small investment compared to the costs of your legal education. If buying it can bump your score even a little bit that could translate into increased scholarships that would dwarf this investment. Take the leap and don't look back!
    531 karma
    Thank you, I decided I was going to purchase it for reasons you both have mentioned. I am, however, going to wait til the day before my last day, and upgrade then so that I may have as much time.
    8021 karma
    You don't need to do that since the time extends your current expiration date. If you're going to wait, you might just wait until the day after your account expires, then just pay for the ultimate package and get the full year.
    531 karma
    @Pacifico I was thinking about that, but that $500+ is out of my range atm. I just quit my job to study full time for the lsat ; ( last day is sept 1st, and I need to save the cash.
    8021 karma
    I feel you... I'm weeks away from being out of the Army and then I'll be playing stay-at-home dad until law school pretty much.
    531 karma
    I think its a good decision in the long run.