Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTB.S1.Q19 help! why is the answer D?

ellamillerellamiller Alum Member
edited December 2022 in Logical Reasoning 10 karma

confused on why D is the correct choice, I chose c as I thought it would call into question whether the rock may have, at some point, been underwater.

Comments

• selah403selah403 Member
    edited December 2022 82 karma

Could you go ahead and put the stimulus and questions in here? I tried to look at it, but I believe I would have to start that section.

• christiazeiterchristiazeiter Alum Member
    8 karma

@ellamiller said:
    confused on why D is the correct choice, I chose c as I thought it would call into question whether the rock may have, at some point, been underwater.

This question is the paleontologist question.

a) This answer is wrong because it corroborates the premise.
    b) Wrong because it further supports the premise that the oceans were not the origin of life

c) Wrong because, while it does say that some portions of the rock were submerged in the oceans, it confirms that at least some of the rocks were definitely not submerged. It's a tricky one because it has that first part that seems to weaken the conclusion, but the second have of the question is actually what matters.

d) This is the correct answer because it confirms a different source for the carbon 14 other than decomposed life on land. The C14 came from the atmosphere, so it either could have been put into the atmosphere from ocean creatures or land creatures, therefore doing nothing for or against the argument.

e) Wrong because it corroborates a claim of the premise.