LSAT writing -- "exam initiated"

2tUSSCs-1-1-1-12tUSSCs-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
in General 84 karma

Hi all,

I finally took LSAT writing today. I took the August LSAT and tried to take LSAT writing for the first time a few days after the August exam, but technical difficulties prevented me from doing so. I think I thought it was okay to use Google Chrome, which apparently it isn't. Then, a few weeks later I tried taking it again (I waited a few weeks because it wasn't a huge priority for me to complete LSAT writing asap), but as I tried to test whether my computer was compatible with LSAT writing's online proctoring requirements, I got hacked. I then spent a week dealing with that.

Finally, I think I took LSAT writing today, but I'm not certain the exam was submitted. This is for a few reasons.

1. Under the status column on the LSAT writing page of LSAC, it says "Exam Initiated" rather than something like "Exam Completed."

2. Right after the last second elapsed during the exam, the webpage containing the prompt and text box immediately went away and seemed to be replaced by a screen that said something like "There was a problem" and some other text. I waited for about 20 seconds to see if this would change but it didn't. So, I tried refreshing the page. I think after that it went to a page that said the LSAT writing sample was submitted, but honestly I can't remember exactly. I'm concerned that this screen that said "There was a problem" means that, even after taking the 35 minute exam, it somehow wasn't registered or something.

3. I read on the LSAC website that after one completes LSAT writing, one will be able to read one's answer. Because I don't see any link that enables me to do that, I'm afraid my LSAT writing exam was not ultimately submitted.

Does anyone think they know what the deal is? Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated by how many times I have had to try to take LSAT writing. I hope I don't have to try a fourth time. Thanks a lot!

Comments