Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking PT's with 30 (or 28??!) minutes with 7sage app

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 7965 karma
Hey guys,

I just started PT'ing with aggressive time constraints. Here's what I've done and what I noticed.

1) 7sage app is absolute gold with this. The clock moves more quickly, so you can visually track your progress on the clock face just as you're used to doing with good ol' analog. So you still progress through 35 minutes of clock time, just in about 30 minutes or so.
2) I was surprised at how far I was from running out of time, even with 5 fewer minutes. And accuracy was 0-2 on all sections. this blew my mind a bit. I was expecting to feel VERY rushed; I didn't feel rushed at all.
3) Caveat is that this first attempt was on a retake (haven't touched since April); attempting on a freshy (PT72) today.

Anyone else want to share <30 min/sections tips?

I mean if JY and JWang blow through LR in ~20 minutes, I'm sure, with time/practice, the gap can be closed and ample time for mulling over regained (aka, returning to a toughy with fresh eyes and time to spare).

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Parkinson's Law. Curious to see how you do with PT 72.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    It's a good idea... PT 72 is an interesting test and I'm retaking it today with similar time constraints... Time has never been an issue for me except on ridiculous logic games... You will probably do just as well or better on that test... Just beware trap answer choices as usual.
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    only a completely fresh PT under strict test conditions gives a correct idea of score imo. retakes aren't representative.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I think op has taken most of the PTs
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 8021 karma
    She has taken more than most on here that's for sure...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @lschoolgo neither is taking with only 30 minutes per section XD

I think in the future I'm only going to do 28-30 min/section on retakes. Because 30 min/section on 72 = brutality bordering on masochism. Or, well, I dunno. The pain, tho. The pain.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Weaknesses that might otherwise have been smoothed by a few more minutes glaring and unforgiving in the limelight of 30 min brutalities. That is all.