Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep Tests 80s

Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
in General 186 karma

Hi everyone, I am taking the LSAT in November and have decided to skip PT 60's and 70's in favor of doing more recent tests. Am I going crazy or are the PT80s considerably harder than the others? Even in BR, I initially was getting in the low 170's but now I seem to be BRing in the low to mid 160s! It has definitely made me nervous and I feel a little burned out so perhaps I'll take a few days off after review.

Just wanted to get everyones opinions and any advice would be great!

Also I have been working on my timing and not getting freaked out during the test, especially when coming across very difficult questions, misc LGs or challenging RC passages like the ones in PT85.

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited October 2023 802 karma

The 80s has some of the hardest PTs released and overall I think it's the hardest collection of PTs available. 88 and 89 are absolutely brutal. I also noticed this same drop off when I was studying too. Went 171 to 162 after going from PT 52 > 80. I also think its a product of the 50s PTs being a lot easier than the 80ss. The good news is you have plenty of time to adapt to this and get more experience with the super hard PTs. If you get comfortable with the 80s I guarantee you'll not be surprised by anything on test day.

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
    186 karma

Awesome thanks @AlexgLSAT. Do you know if any of the more recent ones have been any easier? Definitely trying to get comfortable with these as they are daunting and taking a little more time out to really dig in deep and figure out what I can improve in these PTs.
    Was a little worried about timing but really appreciate the words of encouragement!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited October 2023 802 karma

@"Johnny Tsunami" said:
    Awesome thanks @AlexgLSAT. Do you know if any of the more recent ones have been any easier? Definitely trying to get comfortable with these as they are daunting and taking a little more time out to really dig in deep and figure out what I can improve in these PTs.
    Was a little worried about timing but really appreciate the words of encouragement!

The 90s are a bit easier, as well as some of the 70s. I'd give PT91 a shot and go from there, especially since you're a month away from the real test. If you want a challenge (ideally 2-3 weeks before your real LSAT) do PT 88-89. Save PT93 for a week before your test.

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
    edited October 2023 186 karma

@AlexgLSAT

The 90s are a bit easier, as well as some of the 70s. I'd give PT91 a shot and go from there, especially since you're a month away from the real test. If you want a challenge (ideally 2-3 weeks before your real LSAT) do PT 88-89. Save PT93 for a week before your test.

I think I'll do that. Might just take on a few more 80s and then start with PT91 and leave PT93 for last as you've recommended. If I have time, I'll revisit some more PTs. How many would you recommend one does before the exam? Ive seen people recommending between 20-40.

• bradk2sobradk2so Alum Member
    46 karma

I had a very similar experience. Those newer tests really knocked the wind out of my sails. Following this thread for input.