Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep question..

viviana7211viviana7211 Alum Member
in General 42 karma
I wanted to buy the 7sage starter course, but I don't have PTs 39 to 44 (the ones the courses use) so I will have to buy them separately. Are these PTs too old? Currently, I am following the trainer schedule and they use 52-71 which I do have. I started reading the trainer already and only took the 2007 diagnostic so far. Should I purchase 7sage starter course since they use older PTs and then pick up on the trainer since they use newer PTs? Or should I just not get the 7sage at all continue with the trainer and then If I still don't feel comfortable once I finish get 7sage? Thank you!

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    If the Trainer schedule involves using individual questions from PT's 52-71, I would IMO avoid that. PT's 52-71should be the bulk of your full PTing as they are the "modern" LSAT as far as format goes.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    If its the same schedule I am using, 52-57 are used for drilling sets, 58-60 are used for timed sections, and 61-74 are strictly full tests. Is this any better?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I think 7Sage's breakdown of under 35 for drilling and 36+ for PTs is much more sensible because it maximizes the amount of full PT you can take.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I think 7Sage's breakdown of under 35 for drilling and 36+ for PTs is much more sensible because it maximizes the amount of full PT you can take.
    This right here. Every time I talk to someone who scored in the 99th percentile, they just tell me they did almost all of the PT's under timed conditions and that is where they made their greatest gains.
  • viviana7211viviana7211 Alum Member
    42 karma
    the schedule I have uses 64-71 for full PTs. I assume the other tests are for drilling and time sections. I want to sign up for 7sage but I don't want to do the newer test first then the older. @ddakjiking @Pacifico @goalis180
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    64-71 is definitely not enough for full PT's.
    42 karma
    @ddakjiking I know that :)! I will prob change the schedule and do 52-74 for full PTs and anything before that for drilling and time sections. The 7sage starter also uses 38-46 for full PTs so I will do those as well.
    I caved in and just purchased the starter course. I started my prep two weeks ago reading the trainer, and I started LG last week. Its amazing how until last week this exam was Chinese to me and now slowly some things are making sense (LG diagramming!) sooo exciting! Could I start 7sage at the LG section instead?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just go in order and you'll be fine. You need to learn to delay gratification a bit so don't start blowing through all the fun LG stuff, you'll need it later to break up the LR/RC monotony.
    42 karma
    @Pacifico I'm following the order from the trainer. Since I am making slow progress towards LG, I kinda wanted to continue with that with 7sage. LOL thank you for the advice!!! When I took the diagnostic test, RC was my best section (and English is my second language, if that matters).
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I initially went through the full curriculum and then PTed 36-45. I changed course a little bit and am currently going through the Trainer. I took 52-54 from my PT pile to drill along with part of the Trainer's study schedule, but am saving the remainder of the 40's and using 55-74 for full tests. I also supplement my drilling with the Cambridge Packets.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    This is golden advice.