171 PT diagnostic - worth it to do the syllabus?

walimohmandwalimohmand Core Member
in August 2024 LSAT 34 karma

I recently took a cold diagnostic (I took the LSAT cold in Summar of '23... big mistake) without the LG section using the new 4-section format for this August. Scored a 171 timed, 172 BR. Is it worth it to go through the syllabus, or should I just spend the whole summer grinding out PT's and BRing? I'm thinking my time might be better spent that way, since the syllabus will likely cover a lot of stuff I've already got a grasp on.

(If you don't wanna type a response, just vote!)
  1. Syllabus grind or PT grind?55 votes
    1. Do the syllabus
      32.73%
    2. Grind PT's
      67.27%

Comments

• justinlafountaine01justinlafountaine01 Alum Member
    14 karma

I'm not sure if the LSAT is right for you, your diagnostic is pretty low

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    401 karma

Reported as spam.

• walimohmandwalimohmand Core Member
    edited May 17 34 karma

@hendricks said:
    Reported as spam.

Just wanted to run a poll with other studiers to make sure I make the right choice man 😭😭 there’s plenty of people with scores way higher than mine. We’re all just tryna improve together.

• jiwoonyoon.sgjiwoonyoon.sg Alum Member
    108 karma

I think your score demonstrates a good grasp on the basics, so not sure if the syllabus will help substantially. I hit a slightly higher score on the real LSAT without the curriculum. I really don't know how it helps because I haven't taken the classes, but if time is your main concern yeah just go without it, don't think you'll be missing out on a lot

• walimohmandwalimohmand Core Member
    34 karma

@"jiwoonyoon.sg" said:
    I think your score demonstrates a good grasp on the basics, so not sure if the syllabus will help substantially. I hit a slightly higher score on the real LSAT without the curriculum. I really don't know how it helps because I haven't taken the classes, but if time is your main concern yeah just go without it, don't think you'll be missing out on a lot

Almost exactly what I was thinking, thank you so much!