Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid Mistakes

kmirshokrikmirshokri Core Member
in General 6 karma

I find myself having three problems on the LSAT
1) Lack of stupid errors, overlooking one particular word or reading something as "drowning" instead of "Downing".

2) In Flaw and NA questions, I usually understand the flaw. For example, I can tell that its confuses sufficiency for necessity. HOwever, I struggle to connect my hypothesis with the language in the answers.

3) The last is a lack of attention and struggling on RC passages, especially when it comes to inference questions

I would appreciate any help or advice, thanks

Comments

• MichaelP24MichaelP24 Core Member
    10 karma

I have found that reading somewhat complicated literature, like college textbooks (bonus points if they’re law related :smile: ) outside of my regular LSAT study has been beneficial for me when it comes to the issues you describe with missing words or skimming RC passages rather than interpreting them. While reading books that are especially challenging, I try to hold myself accountable at the end of each page by asking myself, “What exactly did what I just read mean?” By doing this, I have seen strong improvement in my ability to read RC text effectively.

As for your second issue, my only suggestion would be to drill those question types more and watch the explanations for questions you struggle with, not just those you get wrong. The language used in many answer choices throughout the Flaw and NA categories is similar, and eventually patterns will emerge with practice.

Best of luck! I hope I could help.