Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

less than a week out from august test

elliekraut252elliekraut252 Live Member

Hi!
I'm less than a week out from the august LSAT test and am feeling burnt out and a little discouraged with my PTs. I know that I will most likely have to take the test again in October but still want to put my best foot forward. Does anyone have any advice leading up to the test? Any advice on getting over plateau I am at for Oct test studying?

Comments

• ConnorC80ConnorC80 Core Member
    48 karma

What I had wished I had done for my first LSAT was study only slightly the week leading up to my test. I studied as if I was cramming for a large final exam which made me score much worse than my normal PT score. I would recommend doing little bits and pieces to stay fresh and focus on being relaxed.

• emmaeobremmaeobr Core Member
    4 karma

I dont have advice but I wanted to let you know i'm in the exact same boat as you. Taking the test this week and know i'm going to have to sign up for the October test too. I'm just hoping with more study time I am able to master some of the sections I dont do as well on. Have you looked at your analytics to see what types of questions you tend do get wrong?

• brown.lynn12brown.lynn12 Alum Member
    8 karma

I'm in the same boat as you. I am going to register for the October test because of how burnt out I feel yet not grasping the material properly. Taking my test on Wednesday; dedicating no time to studying on Tuesday by means of giving my brain time to reset and be prepared for the exam.

• lucindarlucindar Core Member
    5 karma

Hi!! I am in the exact same boat. In a plateau, wishing I was PTing better before that August test, know I will have to sign up for the October Test. I have been listening to the 7Sage LSAT podcast a lot this week and the "Score Plateaus: Mountains or Molehills" episode really helped me yesterday. Not sure it will help me improve for this test, but it did make me feel a little more in control and stopped me from freaking out like crazy after a disappointing PT.

As for this August test, I am focusing on reviewing old Wrong Answer Journals, compiling my action plans into a study sheet, working through as much of the new RC curriculum as I can, and doing light review sections. Nothing too dramatic, just constantly reminding myself of best practices and trying to make sure I get enough sleep and good food.

• breanna1227.studentbreanna1227.student Live Member
    48 karma

@connorcolquhoun2002 said:
    What I had wished I had done for my first LSAT was study only slightly the week leading up to my test. I studied as if I was cramming for a large final exam which made me score much worse than my normal PT score. I would recommend doing little bits and pieces to stay fresh and focus on being relaxed.

I agree!!! Taking it easy this week is your best option. Short drilling and lightly reviewing materials.

• hanwu8611hanwu8611 Core Member
    31 karma

Feeling the same here. But just curious, why do you all decide to take the next one in October. I'm planning to take it again in November, but now doubting if that's too late. Most of the schools on my list don't start reviewing until December so I didn't consider taking the next one sooner.

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    321 karma

@hanwu8611 I'd assume they're just applying to schools that start rolling admissions in October, so the odds of getting in are slightly better the earlier you apply. If your schools don't even look at your app until December, I wouldn't sweat taking November rather than October.

• katie.denniskatie.dennis Core Member
    11 karma

It is refreshing to see others in the same boat. I am so burnt out this week and I think my fault was treating it like the week before a University final, cramming as much in last minute as possible. I am also planning on taking the October test too but wish good luck for all of us!

• shylaignacio04shylaignacio04 Core Member
    3 karma

I'm also in the same boat! I have been freaking out a lot this week, putting too much pressure on myself because I know that I'm not where I want to be for the test tomorrow. Just trying to keep a confident mindset, knowing that I can do more before the October test. Good luck to you all!!