Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 137 --> 156 ... Thank You, 7Sage! - 7Sage Forum

137 --> 156 ... Thank You, 7Sage!

_--Aujlaw--__--Aujlaw--_ Alum Member
edited March 26 in General 160 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

I just wanted to make this post to tell everyone that there is hope for everyone to make it, including those who don't start off with a decent diagnostic score. My diagnostic score was a 137, my final (PT) score was a 156, and my final (test day) score was a 154.
I understand that this isn't a 170+ score, but I think that it's worth mentioning since it's a nearly 20 point increase.
I started studying in May of 2022 and finished in January of 2024. People say that you can't expect for your score to change much from your diagnostic, but I just wanted to say that it did for me, meaning it can and will for you too.
I self-studied using 7Sage and Loophole. I also used 7Sage Tutoring, which really helped me with RC, as that's the section I struggled most with.
I've struggled a lot with wondering if I'm good enough or smart enough for law school, and now I am a JD candidate at a Canadian law school.
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
I believe in you!

Comments

• luffyyyyluffyyyy Alum Member
    698 karma

very happy for you!

• darlenemae.1997darlenemae.1997 Live Member
    77 karma

This gives me hope. I started with 133 in February 2023 and scoring around 146-149 on my PT scores right now. Aiming for 160, but I would be happy with a 155 at least. Thank you for posting this!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14173 karma

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

• _--Aujlaw--__--Aujlaw--_ Alum Member
    160 karma

@luffyyyy said:
    very happy for you!

Thank you!

160 karma

@"darlenemae.1997" said:
    This gives me hope. I started with 133 in February 2023 and scoring around 146-149 on my PT scores right now. Aiming for 160, but I would be happy with a 155 at least. Thank you for posting this!

This makes me so happy! You can definitely do it.

160 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Thank YOU, JY!

• Ttiinnaa-1Ttiinnaa-1 Alum Member
    62 karma

Thank you so much for sharing your journey! what an inspiration... may I ask what which law school.

• destiny2.bryantdestiny2.bryant Live Member
    20 karma

Congratulations! I definitely could use this motivation thank you. :smile:

• cira2025cira2025 Live Member
    118 karma

Congratulations! I do have one question, how did you get better at LR? Any tips you recommend?

• cparamo87cparamo87 Core Member
    3 karma

Great Job!

• ssatyadeep2ssatyadeep2 Free Trial Member
    edited September 4 2 karma

Congratulations, How did "Aujlaw" achieve nearly a 20-point LSAT score increase using 7Sage and Loophole, and what strategies or resources, such as 7Sage Tutoring, were most effective in overcoming challenges with the Reading Comprehension (RC) section?

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    198 karma

You rock!

• jmria2121jmria2121 Live Member
    25 karma

amazing job!!! props to you my friend.

• mirabambmirabamb Live Member
    edited August 27 50 karma

@ssatyadeep2 said:
    Congratulations, How did "Aujlaw" achieve nearly a 20-point LSAT score increase using 7Sage and Loophole, and what strategies or resources, such as 7Sage Tutoring, were most effective in overcoming challenges with the Reading Comprehension (RC) section?

Hi! I started using RC Hero (sorry 7sage) specifically for RC. I was consistently scoring around -12 in RC before I started, and my last two RC sections (including a 5 star PT RC (pt79)) I've scored -4! I haven't even gotten all the way through their curriculum yet. I HIGHLY recommend it. I was struggling for 4 months with RC (with 7sage's old curriculum) and no matter what I did I wasn't making any progress. I kind of combine some of the skills I learned with 7sage with what I'm learning in RC Hero, and honestly I'm so excited at this point. 7sage has been amazing for LR and i've used the loophole first couple chapters as well. Big advocate for trying something different when something else isn't working. I started with a 136 diagnostic and my highest PT has been a 163.

• mallikadolmallikadol Core Member
    6 karma

@"--Aujlaw--" said:
    Hey 7Sagers,

I just wanted to make this post to tell everyone that there is hope for everyone to make it, including those who don't start off with a decent diagnostic score. My diagnostic score was a 137, my final (PT) score was a 156, and my final (test day) score was a 154.
    I understand that this isn't a 170+ score, but I think that it's worth mentioning since it's a nearly 20 point increase.
    I started studying in May of 2022 and finished in January of 2024. People say that you can't expect for your score to change much from your diagnostic, but I just wanted to say that it did for me, meaning it can and will for you too.
    I self-studied using 7Sage and Loophole. I also used 7Sage Tutoring, which really helped me with RC, as that's the section I struggled most with.
    I've struggled a lot with wondering if I'm good enough or smart enough for law school, and now I am a JD candidate at a Canadian law school.
    If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
    I believe in you!

Hey @--Aujlaw--
    I am currently in the same boat started out with the same diagnostic score and currently scoring in the 150's! I just wanted to ask as a fellow Canadian, what law schools did you apply too/ get in? It just seems that all law schools over here require over a 160 to get in, would love your input/ advice on this!