Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice for going from high 150s to 160s for Oct LSAT - 7Sage Forum

Advice for going from high 150s to 160s for Oct LSAT

Hi lovely people, I need some advice on how I can improve my score from high 150s to 160s for the October LSAT. My average score right now is 159.1. My best score is 163, but I haven't been doing well on my most recent PTs.

I'm struggling a lot with Flaw questions. The problem I have seems to be that although I managed to identify the flaw from reading the stimulus, once I moved on to the ACs, the wording confused me and I ended up picking the wrong AC.

Also, my RC score has been fluctuating from -3 to -9 and I don't even know what I'm doing right or wrong.

I have been doing BR and keeping a wrong answer journal from the beginning. I don't know what else to do. What should I be focusing on now? Keep doing more PT? Review Flaw questions and do more drills? Taking untimed RC drills?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• austy2egg3austy2egg3 Core Member
    2 karma

I am in a similar boat, and although I have no clue if this will work I have set out a plan. I have pooled advice from some friends that have taken the test more times and they really said that drilling helps improve understanding of any question you are struggling with. My friend and I specifically struggled with NA questions and he drilled over and over until it made sense for him. I would continue with taking one PT per week just to understand the testing mindset but drilling is a really great tool.

I also think time management at least for me is a big part of the puzzle. Most of the time I know that I understand how to do a question it will just take longer so i have been implementing being really agressive with skipping question types I struggle with. I also like to skip really janky conditional chain questions or causal logic. If you take care of the questions you know, youll have a bunch a of time to come back and really dig into those harder questions.

Huge Disclaimer: I am no way saying this works, I do not have evidence yet to support this plan but as someone who is in a similar position, I have confidence this will work to some degree.

• b.oshbarkerb.oshbarker Live Member
    12 karma

I really struggled with flaw for a long time and what helped me was taking a step back from taking PT's and focusing on flaw questions very heavily. I'd recommend just drilling flaw questions over and over and over again, starting at about medium difficulty and once you're getting -0/1 consistently increase the difficulty. Doing this exposed me to a lot of questions that I started to recognize patterns on and flaw questions became a lot easier after that. Flaw is the most common question type so mastery of them is kind of imperative to reach those high 160s-170 scores.

• grayraysaygrayraysay Core Member
    1 karma

Honestly? Have you read the loophole in Logical reasoning yet?