Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding more PTs for my October Retake

rosnell.1rosnell.1 Member
edited July 2015 in General 13 karma
Hi guys,

I took the June LSAT and got a much lower score than I expected from my PTs - about 5 points lower than my practice scores, and 7 points lower than my goal, so I'm retaking it.

But I bought the "10 most recent LSATs" already and took all of them, I think up through 70 or 71. So I'm wondering how I'm going to find enough PTs to study for October... I'd prefer not to take old tests cause I hear (and agree) that the games have changes recently with circle and mapping games being thrown in there in the last couple years, which I believe accounts in part for my score. I wasn't really ready for them.

I thought I saw someone say that PT 71-74 (maybe) were on Amazon or something, but I need more PTs for October, and I'd prefer to take recent ones to get an accurate assessment. I'd like to have at least 8-10 good PTs. Anyone have ideas and/or links to find good tests?

Thanks!
Christian

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I've done games 1-20, and trust me, there's a lot of mapping and circular games present and a lot of unusual games that I've seen are similar to present games.

In terms of acquiring PTs, here's a list Dillon put together:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2770/list-of-affordable-pts-paperback-hard-copy

You can also find them on Cambridge LSATs.
    I would advise keeping the more newer PT's (71-75) to do closer to your test date.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @rosnell.1 said:
    I'd prefer not to take old tests cause I hear (and agree) that the games have changes recently with circle and mapping games being thrown in there in the last couple years, which I believe accounts in part for my score. I wasn't really ready for them.
    It's precisely this shift in games that should lead you to the older tests! That's where we find the "weird" game types, for the most part. If I were you, I'd obtain those early tests, just for LG. And of course you can take those tests as PT's as well, but I know for myself my priority with those guys is LG.

Two good options ... Copies of the LSAC 10 Actuals, and Cambridge PDF's. If I were you I'd get the old LSAC books and the most recent PDF's.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Totally agree with everything that's been said here. The 40s-60s are just as relevant to today's test, except for the fact that there is no comparative reading comp. I would not shy away from doing these tests at all.

If it's just weird games you are worried about, buy the games bundle from Cambridge and work through those, and and also work on any selection of tests from 40s-60s. Also, pick up some copies of the most recent tests too.

Just a side note about circle games: they are just dressed up sequencing games and really shouldn't be feared and held up as an example of the games getting harder. They are definitely more time consuming than a standard sequencing game imo, but that does not mean they are harder. I think there's been 3 or 4 circle games ever, so just give those a shot and you'll be fine at whatever they throw at you in that category.
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Just a side note about circle games: they are just dressed up sequencing games and really shouldn't be feared and held up as an example of the games getting harder.
    Agreed—of the weird game types, the circles are the friendliest.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @nicole.hopkins yea for sure! I also kinda like mapping games because a lot of the times the give you a picture of the game board in the rules. The snowplow, oil paintings, park light games! Fun stuff lol
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    I also kinda like mapping games because a lot of the times the give you a picture of the game board in the rules.
    Me too bro!

Me no like: subzones, patterns kinda icky ... but actually it's probably just because I haven't done much with them at this point. Typically when I come to understand/master a game type it becomes my new favorite.
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 578 karma
    removed by mods; please review rules.