ADHD and self-doubt

caleighkulzercaleighkulzer Core Member
in General 4 karma

As someone with ADHD something I often run into is self doubt. It can be in any situation but for me schooling was a place it came up often. As the LSAT is a test designed to make even a confident person second guess themselves, how do people go about trying to study with a voice of self doubt in your head?

Comments

• msimons6303msimons6303 Core Member
    6 karma

Something that helped me is thinking of the LSAT like a game. When you play a game, especially multiplayer, things are too fast for you to have self-doubt. Before a game, you don't think about "Will I be able to hit the ball in the goal?" or "I wonder if I will be .12 seconds above or below the other team in the race." You think of how you can do your best and prepare for the mindset of doing that best. Preparing the mindset, just in the same way you prep for capture the flag or finding the most loot while defending your base, is the best way to overcome self-doubt (as you are eliminating the space for it). Hope this helps!

• mbennett1367mbennett1367 Core Member
    7 karma

Trust your metrics. If you are scoring low but improving, you are where you're meant to be. Keep working. If you're scoring high, that's evidence enough against your doubt. From one ADHD haver to another, it never goes away. But sometimes it's easier to trust your results more than the voice in you head.

• jaylenebrittjaylenebritt Core Member
    3 karma

Hi! I have found that taking focus supplements from Olly and using focus patched has helped me a lot. It helps me stay on track and not let my brain wander and start what if.