Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Time Strategy Suggestions - 7Sage Forum

Time Strategy Suggestions

gabysibisangabysibisan Core Member
edited September 18 in General 28 karma

Hello!

I have been PTing at 150 for the past 3 months despite studying an average of 4 hours a day drilling specific question types, doing sections of LR and RC and then blind reviewing every question and then inserting them into my wrong answer journal. Recently I took a completely untimed PT where I allowed myself to think through each question and didn't move on until I was 100% sure the AC I picked was correct. On that PT I scored the highest I've ever scored a 156, however I know I can do better, but I'm taking the October LSAT. It's clear that extra time would be extremely beneficial to me as especially with RC I need to take longer on the passages in order to understand what is being said.

Does anyone have any time strategy suggestions that can hopefully help me actually score closer to my potential by October? Or should I just accept that I will most likely score a 150 and retake it in January?

Thank you!

Comments

• austy2egg3austy2egg3 Core Member
    4 karma

In terms of a question by question strategy, I have recently employed an exit strategy. This exit strategy is used whenever I run into a question I know I struggle with, or, the question looks like it will take a long time to sift through. I struggle with NA questions so when I hit a NA question I simply just skip it and move on to easier questions. Most of the time you will get these questions right, but the time expended makes you feel rushed near the end of different sections.

I used to leave around 3 or 4 questions unanswered per section, and now I have multiple minutes to review every single question. It seems like a really simple plan, but I feel it has really improved my time management and confidence.

Not sure if it will work for you but I think it's worth a try! Good Luck!