Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!

gracecondon16gracecondon16 Core Member
in General 10 karma

For months, I had been scoring consistently relatively well on practice tests, taking two tests a week, but for the past two weeks I have been scoring about 5 points worse despite maintaining the same study practices. The other day I hit a score that was the same as my diagnostic test and today, even though I felt much better about it, was almost the same. I take the test in less than two weeks. What do I do?

Comments

• Raquel KayeRaquel Kaye Live Member
    22 karma

I am in the same boat as you. Registered for October LSAT and have been scoring consistently despite my most recent practice score, which was a few points lower. My friends said I might be over studying. Even though your study time hasn't changed, it could still be that you are over doing it to some extent.

One thing you could do is consider the LSAT score preview option, so you can delete your score if needed. It could also just be the pressure of taking the test so soon causing your score to fluctuate. Maybe consider only taking one PT per week until the exam, two is a lot!

Anyways, not sure if any of that helped, at the very least, just know score fluctuation is normal. Good luck to you!

• emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
    41 karma

I am experiencing the exact same situation. I have been scoring pretty well since I started studying and now I just scored my lowest PT since my diagnostic. I used to get -5 on LR sections now im getting -11.I think the pressure of the october test coming up is making my performance drop and im overthinking answers. I am registered for the november test as well so maybe look into that

• mistyperfectlymistyperfectly Free Trial Member
    edited 12:23PM 3 karma

I am in the process of doing that too. Luckily I am not too bad. Maybe consider just doing one PT a week until the test. It could also be just the pressure of taking the test so early that is causing your score to fluctuate. I am also waiting for the upcoming November test to test this.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/38569/is-it-too-late-to-apply-for-25-fall-after-january-test-score-release