PT33.S3.Q08 - most people invest in the stock market

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 2573 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-33-section-3-question-08/
I think I may have answered this question myself, but can you guys chime in on this one? I chose D instead of A because "their investments" didn't have to be true. They could make a profit from someone else's investment, right? However, since this is an inference question I should be taking all of the answer choices to be true and then seeing which one can be proven from the stimulus? True, meaning that all of the answer choices are true, but only one can be proven from the stimulus. Does that make sense? I chose D because I didn't feel that there was anything in the stimulus that specifically stated, or even implied, in my opinion, that the investors were making investments only from "their" investments and I took "most" from the first sentence and "majority" from the last sentence to seem the same. If A hadn't included "their" it would've been my choice. I hope I didn't confuse anyone because I think I just confused myself!

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    D is incorrect because "most+most" does not = most. It equals some. A has to be correct. "Their investments" is supported in the first sentence.
    @tanes256
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hi Tanes,

I'll give you a link to J.Y's explanation of this question. If you still have questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-33-section-3-question-08/
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Thx @Matt1234567! I got it now. I immediately eliminated A after seeing "their" and eliminated all others except D. After mapping it out I see how D is wrong. I tried getting through this one without relying on mapping but @alexandergreene93 i didn't catch both mosts because I had already eliminated everything else so for the sake of time I just went with it and moved on. Thx guys!