Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does everyone agree I should use PT 1-36 as drilling exercises instead of full PT's?

bruno.dalsantobruno.dalsanto Alum Member
in General 94 karma
I just finished the curriculum so I am trying to move on to the next stage, any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hi Bruno, I'm not sure about others, but that's exactly what I did. It was very useful for me and helped me to get pretty comfortable with different question types, games, passages, etc.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    That's generally what most people recommend, and it's definitely a good plan. The only thing I would say about it is if you are planning to study for a long time (1 year+) then you may want to save some of those for fresh PT and use a smaller amount for drilling.
  • bruno.dalsantobruno.dalsanto Alum Member
    94 karma
    Thank you @c.janson35 and @Matt1234567 i wasn't very sure once i planned to take the LSAT next June so I will be studying almost a year or it. So at first I thought about just to do PT 1-75 but then I realized some people start at PT 36 so I was wondering what would be more effective. In terms of how to get those drilling packages my best bet would be buying all of them at Cambridge? Do you guys know how much would that add up to be? thanks again!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited August 2015 1654 karma
    @bruno.dalsanto
    I used PT 1-35 for drilling and after I was a few months into "only PT mode," I used 1-35 as PTs. I did not remember a single question from drilling, so I feel that this decision was very beneficial. When are you taking the exam? If you are taking October, then you definitely do not have time, especially considering school is starting up again in a few weeks.
    2398 karma
    If you already own all the tests then buying the packets would be redundant (unless you want to pay $100+ just for the convenience).

Here's a breakdown of all the question types that you can use to go through the tests you have and work on specific types:

https://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/data/preptest-classifications/
    94 karma
    @alexandergreene93 im planning to take the test just next June and I study a lot of hours a day, so maybe there is a chance I will run out of PT's but thank you for sharing your experience and @c.janson35 unfortunately I do not have the test even though I bought the ultimate package at 7sage I forgot to download the tests while they were available...so do you think I should just spend the $100+ to buy the drilling packages or just download all the PT's by themselves? thank you again
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @bruno.dalsanto said:
    ...so do you think I should just spend the $100+ to buy the drilling packages or just download all the PT's by themselves?
    This is a tough call.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that if you think you might at any point want to be able to take these as PT's, well, then perhaps buy them in the 10 Actuals books :) That'll be way cheaper than buying them as PDF's. Certainly I don't think you should plan on needing these as PDF's because it's highly unlikely that you would want/need to take them as full PT's multiple times (the primary benefit to having PT's as PDF's is unlimited potential for retaking).

With that said, the benefit of having them as PDF's would mean that you could have them on the cloud and access them from anywhere, if you have an iPad, etc. So that's cool ...

I for one am in favor of having PT's and just using tools like the one Corey linked, as opposed to spending a lot of extra money on the Cambridge packets. I also have an Excel sheet of all QT's from 29-72 and I used that to make my own drilling assignments back in the day. It does take a small amount of time to go through a 10 Actuals book and mark the Q's with post-its (what I did) but I found it to be more than doable.

So ... It's up to you and it's largely a matter of how much money you want to spend. If I were you I would buy the 10 Actuals books and have them available both for drilling and PT'ing. But that's because I'm strongly averse to spending money when I don't need to :)

Regardless of whether you want to go the PDF or book route, you should decide soon. I believe Cambridge is removing all PDF's on the 13th of this month.
    94 karma
    Thank you very much @nicole.hopkins I will follow your advice, I don't like spending money when I can avoid doing it as well so I will just buy the 10 actual books. I think I even have one of them
    2398 karma
    Boom! Good luck with your prep!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @bruno.dalsanto said:
    I will follow your advice, I don't like spending money when I can avoid doing it as well so I will just buy the 10 actual books.
    You're gonna rock it!
    94 karma
    Thanks to everyone, you guys are always helpful and on point!