Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would you pay for 50 extra hours of study time?

splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
in General 340 karma
I realize this is subjective, but I have the opportunity to take a week off from work in September. If I don't take this vacation time, I could cash it out when I leave next summer. So just to get a feel from you all, what would you pay assuming it wouldn't break the bank but would be a significant amount of money? Thanks!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I reduced my hours at work from full time to part time, so I would take the time off. Money is just money. If you're PTing in your range and you're set to take the October LSAT and that 50 hours could really help improve your score (by more PTs or by taking some much needed time off), then I would do it.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    If you're scoring near or right around your desired score, I would only take off maybe thursday and friday before the test.
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    I would do it. I did the same thing as @harrismegan in cutting from FT to PT. To me, come fall, almost no amount of money that I could make this summer would be worth getting back an undesirable score...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @splitterhopeful said:
    So just to get a feel from you all, what would you pay assuming it wouldn't break the bank but would be a significant amount of money?
    Let's put it this way. If taking that week means that you get a few extra points on your LSAT, then that will likely translate to substantially more money in scholarships than cashing out the vacay will.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Let's put it this way. If taking that week means that you get a few extra points on your LSAT, then that will likely translate to substantially more money in scholarships than cashing out the vacay will.
    YES.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Wow, thanks for all the thoughts, everyone. I'm leaning towards doing it. Let me put it this way: I'd do it for 2 extra LSAT points in a heartbeat. 1? I'd have to think on it...