Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What am I doing wrong?

Yasinkhan107Yasinkhan107 Member
in General 69 karma
Hey everyone,

My diagnostic was 149 and I recently finished the 7sage core curriculum. I took three prep tests since then, each scoring in the high 150s and Blind Reviewing at the 170s. My goal is to score above 165 for the december test. What should I do differently and how could I improve my actual score to 165+?

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7468 karma
    You don't necessarily need to do anything differently. Your high BR means you have a strong understanding of fundamentals. Now it's time to just practice practice practice. PT-BR- repeat. If you find that your LG score is lower than -3, I'd recommend doing extra drilling a la foolproof.

I think you're in good shape.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    You're not doing anything wrong, except placing undue stress on yourself by focusing on the negative. Just keep practicing! With a strong grasp on the fundamentals (as evident by your BR scores), you should be at your target score soon.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    Your high BR means you have a strong understanding of fundamentals. Now it's time to just practice practice practice. PT-BR- repeat.
    This.
    @c.janson35 said:
    You're not doing anything wrong, except placing undue stress on yourself by focusing on the negative. Just keep practicing!
    And this.

It's not a simple curriculum in, 180 out relationship. It takes time and hard work and you're way more ahead of the game than you think so just keep working on honing your fundamentals, performing well on PTs, and doing an excellent BR on a clean copy of the test. Also, 3 PTs is nothing and you should really just keep pushing for the time being until you develop enough analytics to really see some trends and glaring weaknesses. If nothing changes by your 10th PT then it's time to reassess. For now, just keep at it and keep those 170+ BRs and you should be good to go.