Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you use to time yourself on test day?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Is everyone using the 180 watch? There is also another option? What is best to use?

Comments

• littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    I used a regular Casio watch that I bought off Amazon. I reset it to 12:00 at the beginning of each section and the break.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Some people really like the LSAT watches. I use just a cheap watch from Target/Walmart with a rotating bezel and rotate it after each section.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I brought a watch when I took the LSAT but didn't use it, as there was a clock on the wall.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I got a 35minutes watch and I also have a regular analog watch. I don't know what to expect from my testing center because I think it's their first time, so it could be a little crazy. If I have to use a wall clock I'll do that.
  • cliffinesscliffiness Alum Member
    86 karma
    If you search lsat watch timer and similar keywords on Amazon.com a bunch of timers made specifically for the LSAT will pop up (but not on Amazon.ca of course so...) I got the 180 watch (just arrived in the mail actually) and so far so good although I kinda do regret blowing $60+s&h USD on it (cheaper ones on Amazon)....the straps are kinda cheap. Would post a picture but dunno how.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Ahhh.. So glad I saw this! You just reminded me to purchase a watch from 35minutes!
    http://lsatwatch.webs.com/
    not sure if I need Y or R2. Any suggestions?
    8021 karma
    I got the left handed model to put on my right wrist but now I wish I had just gotten the regular one because I just stand it up in front of me when I test and it would be easier to reset the watch if it was in a right-handed wearer's configuration... just my two cents... also I wish the green and blue sections weren't next to each other because they look pretty similar in low lighting... other than that it's been great though...
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I have the LSAT Timer. I hate the damn dial. It's nearly impossible to pull out the little dial if you've recently cut your fingernails.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    180 Watch. Game changer. Got mine on eBay for $20 off.
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    I tried the watch from 35minutes.com. Took two weeks to get to me. After it finally did, it broke the second day I was using it (during a PT, of course)
    7965 karma
    @DaveH162 said:
    After it finally did, it broke the second day I was using it (during a PT, of course)
    Unfortunately mine broke as well. I don't think I'll have the same problem with the 180 watch.
    8021 karma
    y'all are scaring me with this 35minutes.com watch breaking talk...
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    How is a 180 Watch any better than the watch JY recommends with the little turny thing( technical term)? Do you not have to reset it after each section?
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    Do you not have to reset it after each section?
    Correct (in the sense where you don't have to pull out a doodle and reset). It functions like a stopwatch. You just hit a button. It's like butter. Blood pressure down 10 points just thinking about it.

@Pacifico said:
    y'all are scaring me with this 35minutes.com watch breaking talk...
    Yes. That was a very sad day. I am not, however, sad that that day was not test day.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    I bought a $9.99 watch from CVS. Ya know, a little painter's or masking tape placed just-so can transform a $9.99 watch into a 35 minute-ish or 180-ish watch.
  • 35 karma
    I bought the 180 watch but the damn ticking drives drives me crazy! (at least in a quiet room where I've been taking practice tests) and my dog already got a hold of it and chewed up the strap...sigh. I also don't like constantly looking at the clock / setting time limits for games and passages, etc. You never know how long a problem might take and constantly looking at the clock or eyeballing the 8:45 mark just makes me anxious. I'll probably just go with the good old fashioned internal clock with a wall clock as reference or an analog watch / the 180 watch out of view! If you take enough practice tests you will naturally get into a rhythm where fancy watches really aren't necessary, IMO.
    7965 karma
    @"J.Y. Incarnate" said:
    I bought the 180 watch but the damn ticking drives drives me crazy!
    There ... is no ticking on my 180 Watch ... Are you sure the ticking is not just the sound of blood coursing through your LSAT-electrified brain ??!@#$?