Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often do you guys diagram for MBT and SA Questions?

StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
Still unsure of what the best approach is when doing these questions on a timed exam. The Trainer advocates using intuition while 7sage seems to encourage diagramming since these questions are very formulaic. When I get to these questions on a timed exam, I never know which approach is best. I'm always a bit nervous to diagram since I'm afraid it'll eat up too much time, however, I know that diagramming will lead to better accuracy. Please help!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    If it takes longer to try to intuit the answer and debate the wrong answers than it does to try to diagram the question, then just jump right into diagramming. There's really nothing wrong with diagramming as long as you're not trying to diagram most or all questions. If a question relies heavily on logical indicators, as in 3 or 4 sentences that have linking variables and indicators in all of them, then embrace the diagramming techniques that you have been practicing throughout your studies.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Trainer advocates using intuition
    I go on intuition (prephrasing the gap for SA and linking up certainty in MbT) unless there are clear logical indicators that will help me out. So, sometimes I diagram, sometimes I don't need to (and sometimes it would not be helpful). I usually diagram a maximum of 3 Q's per LR section. Often it's 1 or 2. Sometimes none at all.

Generally what tips me off that this one might be good to diagram are clear logical indicators/existential quantifiers (the latter more for MbT; I'll often draw a picture like what JY does in many videos).