Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My road to the perfect LG section

dj768083724dj768083724 Alum Member
edited August 2015 in General 112 karma
So I'll start by prefacing that I've really been drilling LG hardcore for only the past 3 weeks or so, so not exactly a great deal of time. I followed @Pacifico guide, here's the link for the curious http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy and I am definitely seeing an improvement. Granted, I'm going from possibly finishing a game and a half, to at least getting to the fourth, but I'm still having so much difficulty up front. I'm at PT 29 and hope to hit the 60's later this month. My biggest struggle right now is time (surprise). I almost always freeze for almost 8 minutes on any given game figuring out the board, trying to split the board, or figuring out whether the game is rule driven, before finally getting fed up and hitting the questions. Afterwards, I find myself hitting the questions and then by the second or third question the light bulb will turn on while I'm brute forcing my way through and I'll realize the stupid inference I missed and then I'll breeze through the rest. However, those initial wasted minutes are killing me and putting me into panic mode before I barely finish the first game. At this point, I've rarely needed to come back and check out JY's video because I'll realize the inference or issue mid game, but by the time I figure it out, the damage is essentially already done. I was really hoping that by the time I started getting into the post PT 36 games that I'd have a more solid foundation to comfortably move on to the more modern games and not waste any that I could use for full PT. I can't tell at this point if I'm actually improving significantly from when I started drilling LG through this process, or whether it's because I'm starting to hit the modern games. Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Continue drilling, before you know it you will see how repetitive LGs are. But it will take some time. When I started on LG I did those games multiple times. I did not touch any of the games after PT 35 because I wanted to take those timed. But after taking a PT after 35 I would do the fools proof method on every game.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @dj768083724 said:
    Anyone have any thoughts/advice?
    Relax :)

The road you're on might be a long one. Sure has been for me. Just let yourself relax and, as you progress, your mind will start connecting the dots for you. You'll get faster and more confident.