Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying Strategies

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
in General 365 karma
I've been doing 3 PTs a week for the last month.
The goal was to go through 39-75 until the Oct test date.
(Currently at 57 )

I've been realizing that the progress is slow and I am feeling burnt out.
So I've decided to do 2 PTs/week instead even though I may not get through all the prep tests.
I will spend more time reviewing questions from old tests as well as thorough BRs.
Furthermore, if I have to retake in December, I may still have a few fresh prep tests left.

Does this sound like a solid plan?
Or should I stick to doing all PTs before the Oct exam?

Thanks!

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    There's no rule that you need to do all PTs before the test. The amount of LSATs available is just due to how many tests have happened since the modern LSAT, not because they're all necessary to prepare for the test. If you can progress without burning out and reach your goals with less PTs, all the better. Since 3 was causing burnout, it sounds like your new plan is good. Good luck!
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    354 karma
    It's better to have thorough review and really solidify your understanding, than just purely taking PTs. I realized I wasted a lot of my PTs because I didn't have the fundamentals down, and taking the test did not do much but reinforce poor understanding and habits. The LSAT is all about habits, so I've found drilling is extremely effective. Drill and review. Take PTs to test your current skill set, as well as how you perform under timed conditions.
  • guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    Thank you guys! I am actually really happy with the new plan :)
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The plan looks solid! You want to maximize the PTs you can take without burning out, and it looks like you are doing just that.

Good luck!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    This is a great methodology and something people in similar situations could definitely benefit from reading. Good on you for having the self-awareness to know when to pump the brakes a bit.
  • Dgelf321Dgelf321 Free Trial Member
    87 karma
    I agree with @"Julia L" and @Pacifico. I played the burn out game myself and it's not fun. I was also doing 3 PTs a week for like 1.5 months and consequently I just ended up with a paucity of fresh exams, and major headaches. It's definitely a tough call to slow down in the midst of pressure and the fear of not doing enough, but it may be the right call. Review thoroughly, leave no stone unturned and kill this test come Oct, Dec, or Whenever.