Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it okay to do a PT the day before the test?

marryam_kmarryam_k Alum Member
edited February 2014 in General 29 karma
Hey guys I know a lot of people recommend just relaxing the day before but is it ill-advised to do an actual test. I was planning on resting only half the day. Share your thoughts.

Comments

• jamiewong107jamiewong107 Alum Member
    47 karma
    Hi Marryam_k,

I am in the same boat. Everything I read suggests to relax, I intend to still run through some of the newer games, and a brief high level review and then relax for the rest of the day. I am interested to see if doing so has really 'hurt' anyone. Or at least if they feel it did.

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Yes, it is accepted not to do LSAT prep the day before the actual test.

I can share my experience. I didn't do any LSAT prep the day before; nothing at all. I even tried to forbid anyone from mentioning the LSAT. I watched sports most of the day and then tried to go to bed early.

I think it helped. I felt rested for the test. Also, it kind of reaffirms to yourself that you are ready for the test. That even with a day before, you choose not to focus on the test. I had the inevitable worried thoughts that I wasn't ready, but I told myself that I was prepared. I think it's important to develop a reassuring response to the worry.

The morning of the test, I went over a few easy LR questions, 1 passage RC, 1 game LG. I just wanted to make sure I was in the LSAT mode without depleting my energy.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can do anything else.

I wish you the best tomorrow.
  • annkang1005annkang1005 Alum Member
    63 karma
    I know from experience that the day after I've done a PT, I get really tired to do another PT, so I noticed that it's probably a bad idea to do a PT before the day of the test.. hope this helps.
  • Umair MahmoodUmair Mahmood Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Not recommended at all.
  • lahuluno694lahuluno694 Alum Member
    3 karma
    I work full-time and took a couple of days off to prepare myself into the LSAT mode. I took the PT a day before the real test and got a historically lowest score in all my PTs. That was not what I expected and wanted. But I rested well at night and got up early full of energy.

I did 1 relatively easy LG before setting off to the test center, and I ate smaller amount of breakfast, which I think both helped my performance in the test.
    1. Do some relatively easy questions on the morning of the test before you go. It will help you gain confidence and tune your brain into the LSAT mode.
    2. Do not eat a full breakfast. Eat properly to ensure you have enough energy but not got numb when all the blood rush from your head to your stomach to digest. Drink less just not to dehydrate. It will keep you from being distracted during the test.

As a result, I finished all the five sections in time and with a clear mind, concentrated all the way through till the end. So from my personal experience, it may not be a wise choice to do a PT one day before the real test. It may discourage you and you don't want that. Just make sure you are in your fighting mode on the morning before you go to the test center.
  • zhenderszhenders Free Trial Member
    228 karma
    Everyone is different. As a general rule I believe in the suggestions above, but you ought to do what works for you. Do you burn out easily? Or are you the sort who improves with familiarity?

I'm one of those who can benefit from back-to-back PT and testing days. I even did some PTs back to back for endurance training -- and consistently, the second test was a few points higher.

Know thyself. If you think you would benefit from a day off, take a day off. If not, then take a PT the day before.

A happy compromise might be taking a PT the day before but removing one of the LR sections and not doing an experimental -- kind of a "half PT" to keep your head in the game without inducing burnout.

Cheers!
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I think the initial posters were asking for the February test. What did you guys end up doing? And did it work? Share the experience!