Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test day logistics

jac376jac376 Free Trial Member
in General 23 karma
I know it might have been asked a billion times before in a billion different ways. Here goes a billion and one.

Can someone give me some insight on the logistics of test day? It's the only aspect I'm nervous about. I feel like something I expect won't be present on test day, or something I didn't expect will be present, and it will throw me way off. Here's a few specific concerns?

A) can I drink during the test?
B) can I pee in a bottle if necessary, as to not waste time traveling to the bathroom?
C) can I chew a small piece of rubber, makes no noise?
D) is scrap paper at all permissible? I tend to need lots of space for LG questions.
E) how much space does the test booklet give for each LG set up to allow me to diagram and what not?
F) how will the proctor indicate time intervals?
G) can I track my own time?
H) can I track my own time with my cellphone? A watch?
I) can I stretch, stand up, or otherwise do other body movements to get the blood flowing, while taking the test?
J) can I make loud noises, and exercise, during the short breaks?
K) can I bring food, or a snack?
L) can I bring an extra source of light, such as a small lamp?

I have other paranoias (what if the room is stuffy? what if it smells horrible? what if there's someone I know in the room with me?), but these here listed are my primary ones.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    A) No.
    B) Probably not.
    C) Probably.
    D) No.
    E) It's set up exactly how the newer PTs are.
    F) Mine used their voice.
    G) Yes.
    H) Only a watch.
    I) You probably could.
    J) During the break, yes.
    K) Yes, for during the break.
    L) No.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    lol at the pee in a bottle question. Much needed humor before I BR today.
    I don't think whipping out your weiner in the classroom is a good idea on exam day.
  • therogerdeantherogerdean Alum Member
    75 karma
    @jac376 said:
    can I pee in a bottle if necessary, as to not waste time traveling to the bathroom?
    lol...
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just test out some adult diapers when you take PTs and then use whichever one works for you come test day.
  • jac376jac376 Free Trial Member
    23 karma
    I meant that I would do it under the table so no one can see. Is that against a rule?
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    @jac376 said:
    I meant that I would do it under the table so no one can see. Is that against a rule?
    LOL pls tell me you're joking.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I can't tell if these questions are serious because they're so outrageous
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7965 karma
    @jac376 said:
    Wow. Ok. Here we are.

From http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/sex-crimes/public-urination-law-penalty.htm

Urinating in public is illegal in every state. Defendants may be charged under a law that specifically criminalizes the act, or the prosecutor may allege that the defendant presented a public nuisance or is guilty of disorderly conduct. A harsher approach is to charge defendants with indecent exposure or public lewdness, which are crimes that may require convicted defendants to register as a sex offender.

Many city and county criminal ordinances also prohibit public urination. A typical ordinance might prohibit urination “on any street, sidewalk, alley, plaza, park, beach public building or public facility, or any place open to the public or exposed to public view.” An ordinance with this kind of wording prohibits urination even on private property, if it’s visible from a public place.
    Given that you will be taking the LSAT in a facility open to the public (and not in a restroom or your, ahem, living room), I hope you are able to "issue spot" the described scenario and take a wild guess as to why the acts you describe would be less than a good idea. And given that you'd be sitting next to a number of litigious individuals, your audience would hopefully press charges and sue the pants off of you ... no pun intended.

Very thoroughly entertained!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Let's not be mean.
This discussion has been closed.