Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling out to my fellow Canadians :)

2»

Comments

• bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    @alida.fellows said:
    Also, I know that UVic does rolling admissions - I wonder if taking the December LSAT will hurt my application.
    I'm also curious about this. It's actually one the reasons I'm going for Oct, although I do feel ready, but I think writing in Oct will give me a better chance at admissions then Dec.
  • KrugD-2416KrugD-2416 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2015 33 karma
    Still not sure if I should write in October or December. Been studying for 2.5 months. Scored a 156 yesterday on a timed PT. Aiming for at least a 160. Thinking December would be better, although like @bSM45LSAT , I'm also curious if Oct gives a better chance at admission.
  • cliffinesscliffiness Alum Member
    86 karma
    http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/olsas/b_olsas_e.pdf

OLSAS handbook with full profile of ontario law schools and their combined programs. deadline is Nov 1st for applications.

thanks @LSATisland and @Pacifico
    other schools require the GMAT and the GRE cannot be substituted for the MA program. thanks though!!
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    For the people wondering if December vs October gives better chances of admission, here's what I think. If you write in December, it'll only have been one month into applications (Nov 1st deadline) and in that time, I would think they'll mostly only send out admissions offers to people with amazing stats, like a 170+ LSAT. So if you're hovering around 160, then I don't think writing in December would hurt. Besides, if you state in your application that you are writing on a certain date and the rest of your application is decent, then they will hold on to your application until they get your LSAT score.

Oh and I'm Canadian too from southern Ontario please don't stalk me LOL
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Hey everyone, fellow canuck here!

I'm located in BC but would love to study/BR PTs with anyone who is planning on taking the December LSAT. Hoping to score 168+ and would love to be able to either bounce ideas off of someone with the same goals or explain questions to someone who is struggling in order to solidify my understanding.. so open to studying with anyone lol!

2 months left to go! Good luck grinding it out :)
  • selenaa.c.59selenaa.c.59 Member
    edited September 2015 14 karma
    Hey! I'm actually attending NYU right now, but I have my eyes set on UBC. (I'm originally from Vancouver). My GPA is what I would consider to be high in USA but converts only to a 83% according to UBC :( so I'm a bit strapped for LSAT points. Aiming for a 167 but realistically testing around 164. I'll be taking the test in 3 days, so wish me luck! Thank god there's still December if it really does boil down to those 3 points.
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Awesome Selena. Same, my average has been 166 so I just need a few more to be able to hit my goal. Feel free to message me if you want! I'm going to try to join the Blind review groups on Saturdays since I work evenings during the week but am down to talk shop anytime.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Having just sent in my final law papers for this term, I will have more time available to help out here on the forum, and am therefore reopening my offer earlier in this thread for those who would like feedback or advice with their PS. Feel free to PM me.