Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Little trouble with Fundamentals|

MichaeLRMichaeLR Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 24 karma
Hey there, so I just started this program and have been going over the fundamentals since it seems like a good point to start at. Without a doubt the most trouble I have is properly placing the Sufficient and Necessary conditions when it comes to the group 1. 2 and 3 exercises/quiz within the logic section.

Often, I will find myself getting close to the right answer BUT its in reverse. So let's say /m --- > f is right, my answer is f -----> /m.

I'll try to get to the root of why it's happening myself, but would appreciate feedback from anyone that might have encountered the same problem and resolved it. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bump
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Did you start at the very beginning of the curriculum? If not, I would start there. If you did, then it sounds like the Logic section is just not clicking with you yet. If I were you I would start the Logic section over, push through the entire thing, and even if you might not understand every single concept just yet, keep going. A lot of that section is purposefully redundant in order to drill it into your head by either repeating concepts in the same way or wording things in a slightly different manner. At some point, for one reason or another, it will finally click for you, but it's hard to say where or when that will happen. Do all the exercises and such along the way in the Logic section, and when you get to the end, if you still don't get it, then start it over until it makes sense to you. The issues you are talking about that you have are all fully addressed in the Logic section, but if other issues arise let us know and we might be able to point you to another lesson that will help.

TL;DR: Lather, rinse, repeat or practice, practice, practice
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Memorize that logical indicator cheat sheet with all 4 groups. Print it. It just sounds like you're flipping the necessary and sufficient and maybe issues with negating as well. Once you know which logical indicators are necessary or sufficient you can then move on and determine what you need to do for groups 3&4. I literally wrote on post it notes all day at work and then place them where you can see them and memorize. Defeat groups 1&2 before moving on or you're bound to jack up group 3&4 using the same mistakes as groups 1&2. You're definitely gonna need this so go through this as many times as necessary. If you don't and move on, you'll be back next week.
  • MichaeLRMichaeLR Alum Member
    edited September 2015 24 karma
    Thanks for the feedback. I went back and reviewed groups 1 & 2 again. Finally figured out that the wording is what was throwing me off from identifying the SC and the NC. It's all good now.