PT19.S4.Q07 - the cumbersome spears that were

DeevotionDeevotion Alum Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 10 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-19-section-4-question-07/
in my timed approach I was confident w answer choice E however in the blind review changed my response to D. During blind review I thought I was making an assumption about the bones having been examined. Where as D focused more on what was evident just by excavating the tomb. Help explaining why D is wrong is appreciated.

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    This was a tough question, and none of the answers really looked great to me. I settled on E being the best because we need something to support the idea that new weapons were used, and only E comes close. My problem with E initially was that I was interpreting an arrowhead as something that could have easily capped a spear, but then that would be a spearhead. The fact that it is described as an arrowhead is enough to infer a new type of weapon, the arrow, was developed.

As for D: this provides us with no new information about any weaponry. For all we know, the weapons and armor that was found could well have been the cumbersome spears used originally, complete with armor that was used. I think the testmakers threw in armor here to try to fool us into assuming armor=modern weaponry, or at least an advancement in battle technology from what was used previously. But, again, the weapons and armor that was found could have been the same old stuff, in which case the conclusion is not supported.

Hope this helps!