Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Issues with Logic Games - 7Sage Forum

Issues with Logic Games

petitigrepetitigre Member
edited September 2015 in General 227 karma
A while back, I posted about how I was severely struggling with logic games. I took about three weeks to do straight logic games every day for hours. All of the logic games I've seen, I can do perfectly now and I can handle every type.

I took a PT today, and I did better than I usually do on logic games. But I noticed some serious issues I had while taking this section. I fumbled a lot. Even knowing that I've seen games like these hundreds of times, I still could not concentrate. If the prompt was to draw 7 slots, I would draw 7 for my master board and then draw 6 each time I had to redraw the game board. I would bunch up all my writing absurdly small in one corner (I never do this during drills). I don't erase any more on my drills, and if I do, I redo the drill until I am no longer erasing. But on actual PTs, I erase and erase and erase because I'm making so many tiny errors.

What can I do? I want to snap out of silly mistakes. Today, I thought I was being extra careful, since I know my weaknesses, but once I drew everything out, I would not notice that I had made a fatal error in diagramming until I discovered an inference through a question.

Even if I read slowly and re-read, my nerves seem to make the words change shape before my eyes... It's like the directions appear so clear and bold and only later do I see that I had fooled myself.

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The only real remedy for this is to confirm the rules to your diagram/rule notations before progressing to the questions, so give that a try.

As a far as the nerves go, make sure you taking enough practice tests so that you can get used to the level of stimulation. You'll find that you'll be calmer as you get more PTs under your belt. Trust the work that you've done!

Good luck!