Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't do a frigging PT

lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
edited September 2015 in General 379 karma
Guys. Help. I can't finish a pt anymore. After 1 section I'm like...I can't right now. This happened Wednesday. Then today I came back to the same pt, I was like ok I'll do the next 4 sections proctored as if nothing happened. Did one section..and gave up. Wtf happened? I have never had this problem.I am not burnt out at all..I haven't been studying that much. I actually just have zero motivation. I gained weight due to the snacking sedentary study lifestyle, so I decided to try to lose weight and take care of my appearance more, which apparently makes me not care much about lsat. Ugh this is so confusing and hard :( I have no motivation and no drive for lsat at this moment. I used to have so much :(

Comments

• Chelzie_BChelzie_B Alum Member
    13 karma
    Sounds like you're anxious like me. While grading my scores after BR, I just had to get up and walk away from the tests and refocus. Have you ever tried meditating?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @lpadr009

I'm going to tell you right now. No one is going to have a great answer to this question. It's way too personal. It sounds like you need to have a long conversation with someone who's honest (that friend who can call you on your BS without making you defensive). Talk to him or her about why you want to go to law school. Make it a long talk. Then, sit and ponder that talk for a while. Maybe you just need to remind yourself. Maybe you need to reconsider. Only you can know for sure, and the key is to talk it out.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @lpadr009, this is a hard test for sure and I've been studying this test for a year. I am not close to my goal yet, but I have not given up. When you think of "give up", please remind yourself what made you come this far.As @DumbHollywoodActor said, talk to someone why you want to go to lawschool and become a lawyer. It is a hard decision, but only you know why you want to do it. One necessary condition of succeeding in the LSAT is you want it very bad. Furthermore, do not be disheartened by failures of getting bad PT scores. Life is not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can take hit and still move on. Good luck, dude. May a heart of lawyer help you through this difficulty.
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Albeit extreme, this is similar to my situation in a sense. Lately I have absolutely zero motivation to go and do a PT. I mean when I start I always finish and don't think about it during the PT, but just the thought of doing YET another PT is ugh.

It's the repetitiveness that's getting to me.

I would suggest taking a break, and potentially reducing the number of PTs a week you're doing, it's worked for me.

I mean technically it's not the quantity of PTs you've done, more of doing a decent amount and BRing well.

Also I'm hitting the scores that I want on test day, so I'm just like, lemme do Oct and get done with this!
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Thank you all! Def sounds like I need to reassess my priorities so I can see my goal a bit clearer.
    @Chelzie_B why do you say anxiety??
    You are lucky @bSM45LSAT phoenix wright, I am still 10 points away (but I do plan to do take it in December as well)
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    I think pretty much anyone who has put in significant study time with the LSAT has experienced feelings of frustration, anxiety, disappointment, anger, etc, etc. This test can really humble you. I agree with what @DumbHollywoodActor had to say about there not being a "right answer" for you to get you back on track. Even though you say you're not burnt out, the feelings that you're describing sound a lot like burnout to me. Maybe a full week away from LSAT will help you out? If not I would maybe consider taking a break from PT's for a couple weeks and focusing more on just doing sections or question specific drilling.

Just know that you're not alone in feeling unmotivated/discouraged. Good luck with your prep and don't give up just yet!
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Thank you! ! That was my fear too. I was like "am I the only one going through this?" That makes me feel better. Now I WANT TO PUSH HARDER :p