Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the December LSAT during finals week

lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
in General 521 karma
I'm currently registered for the October LSAT, but I'm still PTing around 4-5 points below where I want to be. I want to take the December LSAT, but it falls right on the Saturday before finals week. Even though I have sort of a light load as a 4th year UG student, finals week is always a burden.

Should I be worried? Part of me wants to believe that if I'm ready for the LSAT, finals week stress won't hit me too hard on test day.

Comments

• LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    I am taking in December. Honestly I don't give two fucks about exams. I go to class and study throughout the semester therefore I know the material.

Everyone is different though so really it is a personal choice.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @lsatblitz said:
    Should I be worried? Part of me wants to believe that if I'm ready for the LSAT, finals week stress won't hit me too hard on test day.
    It sounds like you are putting yourself in a position both to negatively affect your GPA and your LSAT score. This has red flags all over it. I am not a fan of K-JD generally but perhaps others can speak to whether this is really feasible or advisable at all.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just be properly prepared so that after the LSAT you can finish studying as much as need be for finals. If your load is light it really can't be that bad. Just do all your work all semester and do your LSAT prep at a decent pace and you'll be fine.
  • Luluc1234Luluc1234 Alum Member
    150 karma
    It really depends on how much you care about your GPA, the rigorousness of your program, and whether you'd okay with the possibility of delaying one year for law school. If you are always straight A and you are in a top tier school,from my personal experiences and that of my friends, it's very hard to keep up the momentum even with a lot of determination and light load class schedule. If you almost absolutely do not want to delay, it will be in your best interest to take it soon. Otherwise, always take it when you are ready.
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I don't think my GPA will suffer from the LSAT. I'm more worried about the other way around.

Worst comes to worst, I'll take the LSAT and apply next year. Hopefully, that doesn't have to happen though.