Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I reviewing wrong?

louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 190 karma
I usually take a timed PT and then do the whole PT again untimed (BR all questions). Afterwards I review the answers for all questions using LSAT Analytics. For explanations, I use JY's videos for the questions I got wrong in the BR, and I use Manhattan for the questions I got right. This process is taking hours upon hours.

I want to do 2 PTs a week but that's not happening with this process with a 3-4 hours/day LSAT study time allocation. I also desire to drill LR and follow @pacifico LG drilling technique.

Your advice is very appreciated

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    I mean, the more thorough the review...the better I actually find it enviable you have the diligence to spend hours upon hours on a test. The point to all this is thst you understand 100% the correct answers, which seems like you are doing. If you find that time is a big issue, maybe do 1 pt a week
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    BRing the whole test might sound like a good idea but I think it's a waste of time because you don't learn as much about the mistakes you can make due to confidence errors and the like. Plus there is really no need to BR the incredibly easy questions that you get right and know you did with 100% certainty. Just circle the ones you're not certain of, then try to reduce that number and you should see more progress. Otherwise you'll be prepping for 2 years minimum and I think that's overkill.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Otherwise you'll be prepping for 2 years minimum and I think that's overkill.
    Guilty as charged. :-(
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Thank you @Ipadr009

Thank you @Pacifico :) I will do that on my next PT. If I can circle less than 100 questions then that's a win ;) Hopefully the number will go down gradually.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah especially in LG you shouldn't be circling very many at all since LG lends itself to a much greater degree of certainty than LR and RC. I'd shoot for less than 50 circled and make your way down from there. Once you get into the 160s and are circling 20 or less you need to pull back on the 100% certainty so that 90% or even a bit less than that will get you through so you can reach single digit Questions to BR.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I applaud your discipline and dedication to reviewing, but I would advise a more efficient approach to reviewing. The process I recommend is:

1) As you are taking the PT the first time, circle the questions which you do not feel mastery over.

2) During review, focus only on the questions you circled.

I think this approach would help concentrate your review sessions and help avoid burn-out.

Keep up the great work!
    190 karma
    Thank you very much @Pacifico and @gs556 . I was doing PTs in order but now will be skipping a 10 then repeat, what do you say? Like I will be doing 41, 51, 61, 71 then 42 etc etc. Am I wasting PTs this way? I feel I still need to hone down fundamental so I am a bit worried.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    @louis2014 said:
    Am I wasting PTs this way
    When are you planning on sitting for the LSAT?
    190 karma
    I am hoping for December.