Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Efficient studying

2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
in General 248 karma
Writing this post in regards to the most efficient study practices. I know most of us are studying anywhere from 2-8 hours a day, I'm personally studying around 5-6. I take a 10 minute break for every 50 minutes of studying because I find I absorb more in 3, 50-minute intervals than 3 hours straight. Are you guys computing your total hours studied adjusting for breaks or just the entirety of time spent in the library, etc. thanks!

Comments

• lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I generally try to study for the amount of time I'll be forced to sit still on test day, so right around 3-4 hours. If I'm able to go 4 hours with only a small break, I'll call it a day. If I'm having an off day with my focus, I'll split my work up into smaller sections and work on it at different times.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 1294 karma
    I usually don't keep track, but I study probably anywhere between 3-6 hours a day. I try not to go too overboard in case of burning out, especially with October test 2 weeks away.

But I do take around 20-30 minute breaks for every 2 hours or so of studying. I'm pretty sure I add that to the amount of time I spend studying overall.
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    124 karma
    Im giving the December exam and currently doing one day on and one day off. I've done the course twice so now I'm just going throw PTs. After doing 10 total I'll focus on individual areas that need drilling then back to another 10 PTs.