Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
edited September 2015 in Logical Reasoning 3107 karma
I don't really understand the argument, which is why I am having a tough time deciding between D and E. Can someone break the argument down and discuss those two answer choices?

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    For this NA question (and almost every other NA question) I resort to the negation test. Answer choice (D) says: The type of directed learning in question is not a necessary part of the process of growing and adapting to the world.
    The stimulus says: they (the children) learn an enormous amount simply through growing and adapting to the world.
    So if we take (D) and negate it we get: The type of directed learning in question is a necessary part of the process of growing and adapting to the world.
    Well if the directed learning type was necessary than we could not conclude (as the stim does): Therefore, this type of directed learning is unlikely to improve a child’s preschool education.
    To say that, it must be the case that (D) is true.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma

(E) General opportunities to learn are not typical of the early years of formal education.
    Negated: General opportunities to learn are typical of the early years of formal education.
    And…so what? How does that hurt the argument? We need something that talks about the directed learning.