Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Be Positive

Hey guys,

Been on here and studying for the October LSAT since late July. It's been quite the journey to say the least! After completing all the material, and now taking 4-5 PT a week since late August, I have seen little improvement. Some days are tough. At times it's difficult to keep my chin up when I have an off day. However, I think it's really important at the end of each day to be positive.

I glance at my calendar…19 days left. 19 days to learn, improve, and focus. Although I have seen little progress in my scores and I am well below my target score, there are 19 days to get it together and make it happen. It is possible. The LSAT is challenging, yes. This entire admissions process is as well, yes. But, it is extremely important for all of us to remain positive and understand that this is simply part of the process. Since I first got on 7sage and started reading posts in the feed, I managed to find comfort in knowing I am not alone out there in my quest to tackle this exam and get into law school. Although this is obvious, a nice reminder here and there goes a long way.

I wish everyone the best for the exam on the 3rd. Remain positive, work hard, and be accountable for your work. Know that in the highs and lows of the next few weeks and months, there is someone right there with you chugging along. Improvements can be made, and life is good.

Cheers to 7sage, and cheers to all of us kicking ass.

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    *clink*
  • KimberlyKKimberlyK Alum Member
    217 karma
    I was so happy to see this post. I have been prepping since May and often have REALLY bad days... On top of the Oct 3rd test I have an application due Oct. 1st.... I am stressed out and depressed and my husband says that others in my situation are feeling the same way. It is hard for me to come out of my own troubles and understand this entire process is time consuming, difficult and stressful for everyone to some degree. Even bigger than that: It is designed to be that way. I wish you the best and agree that ending the day positively is a great tip to getting through this.

*cheers*
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Thank you :)
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    Good luck all. It's getting close, and I'm actually looking forward to it! LOL Can't wait to see how much I improve. 153 diagnostic and last four PTs have been 164, 164, 167, 164. (Goal is to break 160) I'm hoping everyone does a post after about where they started, how long they studied, what their latest PTs were, and then their final score. I think that would be an interesting read. Cheers!
  • schyler.coxschyler.cox Alum Member
    edited September 2015 152 karma
    I feel you, completely! I'm in the same boat and when I'm alone at 1am in the library studying... It's nice to not feel completely cut off from the world, especially when your friends are complaining about the GRE and no one around you knows what it feels like.

Took the June test after a Kaplan course and a half-hearted 4 week studying period, got a 153 (one up from my diagnostic, thanks Kaplan).

Took a break and began again in mid-July, just like you! Completely started from scratch, and I have been scoring in the low 160s now, with bad days of 158-159. I need a 162 minimum, and it's been hard. However, I think it is important to reflect on our improvement, too, and the self-discipline it takes for ANY of us to do this. There's a reason why not everyone is a lawyer, as cliché as it sounds. We got this!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @schyler.cox said:
    It's nice to not feel completely cut off from the world, especially when your friends are complaining about the GRE and no one around you knows what it feels like.
    That's what 7sage is for! Don't forget about our BR calls ... Much solidarity.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    countless people who went to law school experienced what we are experiencing. If they could make it, why can't we? Thinking of that, then I just crushed another LG. muhahahaha