Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do we get in touch with J.Y. by email

LaFrancaLaFranca Member
in General 133 karma
I emailed him a couple times at studentservices@7sage.com. He never answers.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    We can likely help you in the forums here. What's your question?
  • LaFrancaLaFranca Member
    133 karma
    I'm a senior in college and I'm graduating this summer. It's nearly impossible for me to study for the LSAT and be a full time student at the same time. As soon as I finish school, I'm going to start studying; I plan on going all out by taking a year to study for the LSAT. My questions are which LSAT Prep Course should I enroll in, and what can I do within the next year to familiarize myself with the LSAT material before I start the course. (Keep in mind that I will be fully committed to studying 6-8 hours per day for 6-7 days per week).
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Well, for expert advice, you'd wanna talk to @Pacifico @nicole.hopkins @c.janson35 and others of that ilk.

But for me, I didn't have NEARLY the amount of time to study per day as you will have nor the amount of time. However, I went with the ultimate (largest package) and have experienced solid gains. It's not a purchase you would regret if your goal is to hit a high 170+ score.

I can't speak for the other priced programs.

Though. whatever program you buy, you should most definitely also buy the LSAT Trainer. Like for real. I would advise it very much.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    Order the 7sage Ultimate Package, purchase "The LSAT Trainer" by Mike Kim, buy pretest 35-77 and Cambridge drilling packets for all questions from PT 1-38.
    133 karma
    alright the ultimate package is for when I start studying, but the LSAT Trainer and pretest 35-77 are things I can look at to familiarize myself with the material before I start the course ?
    1654 karma
    you can read the LSAT Trainer, but DO NOT take any of those PTs until AFTER you finish the course. The only PT you should take is June '07 to see what your diagnostic score is.
    Here's the link: http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf
    7965 karma
    Here is all that you need.

1) LSAT Trainer. Buy it today. Read it casually until you have time to devote. When you have more time, read it seriously and take notes.
    2) 7sage (Starter). Once you've given the LSAT Trainer a good work through, do the 7sage course. Start with Starter and upgrade as you feel led. Or, get Ultimate and go ahead and do ALL the drill sets. If cost is no object, then go ahead and get Ultimate.
    3) PT's. At a minimum, you will need to get the10 Actuals books (I believe there are 5). Get a good eraser too. Or, buy multiple copies of the books so that you can retake tests. If cost is no object, then go ahead and purchase ALL of the PT's as PDF's (or at a minimum, 36–75). You will need to do that soon as LSAC has changed its PDF policies; do that via Cambridge LSAT or everylsat.com and do it fast.

Things you do NOT need:

I do not think you need to get any of the Cambridge Packets. They are extremely expensive and there is nothing you will gain by them except convenience. I plan to make various exhaustive lists of LSAT questions and categorizations of RC and LG after I take the test. More on that later. Cambridge already provides a list like that on their website.

Powerscore anything. SKIP.

Manhattan anything. SKIP. (possible exception of their RC guide for MUCH MUCH later in your prep, in case you want extra practice/perspective)

Any other books.

Any other course.

You can get everything you need for this test for less than $500 (7sage Starter for $179; Trainer for $50-ish; PT's, about $200 if you go with the 10 Actuals books and the few PDF's you must buy because they do not exist in book form). Others spend more because they have that money to spend. Others do NOT have that kind of money to spend.

I'm a 99th percentile PT'er (soon to be verified Sage) and I approve this message.

—7sage's resident frugal/self-supporting/student-debt-and-car-payment-laden LSAT'er
    133 karma
    alright got it where can I buy the LSAT trainer, and is there anything else I can buy before I start the course, you know just to get a head start ? i kind of wanna be familiar with the material before I even start studying.
    133 karma
    alright thank you Nicole. Appreciate it
    133 karma
    Sorry, but just a few more questions. where can I buy the LSAT Trainer and do the prep tests come with the ultimate package because when your creating your schedule it says I would be taking the prep tests for like the last month of the program. If not, then where can I buy the book versions of the Practice tests. (I Know you told me where to get the PDFs, but I'd rather have the book)

Also, I won't be taking the LSAT until 2017. So will any of this stuff be outdated by then.

Sorry for all the questions.
    7965 karma
    @decamillisa said:
    where can I buy the LSAT Trainer
    amazon

@decamillisa said:
    do the prep tests come with the ultimate package
    no

@decamillisa said:
    where can I buy the book versions of the Practice tests
    amazon

@decamillisa said:
    will any of this stuff be outdated by then.
    no

@decamillisa said:
    Sorry for all the questions.
    no prob :)
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    I'm a 99th percentile PT'er (soon to be verified Sage)
    It's all about the sage status.
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    yeah law school secondary to that, tbh
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    The premise to win all arguments: "I am a Sage on 7sage!!" It's right up there with: "I drive a Dodge Stratus!!"
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited September 2015 12637 karma
    @decamillisa said:
    I emailed him a couple times at studentservices@7sage.com. He never answers.
    PS that's my email and I just checked it, I haven't received any emails with that topic. Sorry! Try sending your stuff to dillon@7sage.com