Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this happening? (LR timing)

KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
in General 260 karma
My 3 recent PTs I have experienced an oddity.....my timing is deplorable.....
For prior PTs I would reach question 21 or 22 in each LR section when time is called.....but for my 3 most recent PTs I only finish up to number 17.
By the 30 minute mark I am only on question 15.... why is this happening? I feel so much slower than before! I have to read, then re-read, then re-read again, the stimulus before going to the answer choices...

Comments

• KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    Update: Halfway done with BR on my most recent PT..... totally bombed the first LR section (-14) but I scored a perfect -0 on LG.... Grrrrrrrrr
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Just keep at it. If you're going -14 on an LR section you got a long ways to go. Just keep PTing, and eventually you'll see that number go down.

When I first started PTing back in June, I would go -10 in each LR section. For weeks it kept at about -8 to -10, and then recently in the past month I've started going -6 on each, to now -3.

PT. Blind Review. Repeat.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Aside from the fact you have some work to do on your fundamentals, you really are spending way too much time on the easier questions. This is how you are able to finish in 30 minutes or less and then have time to go back. On average there is only one, maybe two questions from 1-15 that warrant a 2 minute look (and that's still on the backside after you finish). You're giving all these questions way too much of your time and then you don't get to see what happens later. Just something to keep in mind as you continue your prep.