Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimental Section while PTing

psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
in General 207 karma
Where do you typically put yours -- do you alternate between it being section 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5? Perhaps a silly question.

Comments

• fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    227 karma
    I use a random number generator, because test day it will be essentially random. Set it to 1-5 and give it a go
    https://www.random.org/
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I usually just set it for the first section to warm my brain up for the next sections. I've heard that the experimental section is usually within the first 3 sections rather than the last 2.
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    82 karma
    I always put it before my worst section (RC).
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I always put it first and use a separate score sheet so I don't end up with multiple PTs on one Scantron. I cannibalize other earlier tests in the 30s and 40s to use as 5th sections and then once I finish 4 PTs with 5 sections, I will actually have finished 5 PTs and have an extra one to score and BR.

The PT you take will already be in a random order so putting it first isn't a big deal IMO, and you're more likely to be more motivated during your first section than any other if anything goes wrong down the line. Scoring the 5th sections as a full PT keeps up the motivation as well.