Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nervous about the October LSAT?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
in General 14022 karma
Of course you are. You're about to take an important test. It's not the most important test though. That one is called the December LSAT.

Just kidding. This is likely the last LSAT you'll ever take.

I'm only trying to remind you that for something this important, there are second chances. That's not true for a lot of other important things in life, so that's something to feel good about.

For most of you, you already know what score you'll get. Take your last three recent properly administered LSAT PrepTests (e.g., 73, 74, 75) and average your scores. You'll get plus or minus 3 points of that average.

There is nothing separating you from that score except the mere passing of a few day's time.

You are as prepared as you can be. You have already seen everything those crafty LSAT writers will throw at you and you've amply demonstrated your ability to respond with craftiness of your own.

Saturday will be just another PT day and the October 2015 LSAT will be just another PT. PrepTest 76, in fact, when the LSAC releases it. And how different could that be from PT 75 and PT 74 and PT 73 and on and on and on.

You're ready.

That's not to say, of course, that you won't encounter a few insanely difficult curve breaker questions. Every LSAT has them. Every student who has ever taken the LSAT before you has encountered them. You will encounter them (again) on Saturday. I am telling you this now, so you will be prepared. Skip them. Keep moving. Maintain your rhythm.

You got this.

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Thank youuuu
  • sabrina.schell5sabrina.schell5 Alum Member
    16 karma
    Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, JY!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I used to be terrified of the idea that I'd score +/- 3 of my last 3 PT's. Now I realize: that's so encouraging! No surprises y'all! And I just think it will be so fun to see how I perform in that different environment (with all the adrenaline, impossible to replicate!)
  • Brenda Del CarmenBrenda Del Carmen Alum Member
    6 karma
    thank you JY and good luck to everyone!
  • xander787xander787 Alum Member
    108 karma
    Incredibly reassuring to hear right now! Been studying for so long and finally going to be done in a few days. Thank you JY for such an INCREDIBLE course. Truly could not have done this without the miracle that is 7sage
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    Thanks for the reassurance, JY.

"Whatever shall befall me on October 3rd, 2015...I will have gone out fighting to the bitter end." -Not Abraham Lincoln.
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    Thanks, J.Y. I feel very well prepared, and it's all due to 7Sage! Cheers :)
  • Aditi_S.Aditi_S. Alum Member
    27 karma
    All the BEST to everyone... Let's Win It!!!
  • FSEFilutFSEFilut Member
    14 karma
    Good luck everyone, absolutely would not be at the score I am at without 7Sage and J.Y!
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Having written the LSAT last October before taking this course I am living proof that you can improve if you really want to. I'm averaging +7-11 more than what I scored last year. Best of luck to you all taking the test. You got this!

...and see you on here prepping for December should you have an off day like I did. I blame it on the continental breakfast *shrug*
  • nickeknickek Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Ha ha thanks man! You've always got the best tips!
    I'm taping this post to my wall
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    From personal experience I can say that @"J.Y. Ping" isn't just saying this to be reassuring. For me test day was just another PT and I scored just 1 point below average; you can too. The most important part is to keep your rhythm and not let the LSAT's time sinkers throw you off. Go get 'em!
  • cahunt5221cahunt5221 Alum Member
    47 karma
    Really appreciate what you're doing here man, your logic game explanations have made all the difference in the world for me.
  • silcal11silcal11 Member
    47 karma
    The best luck to everyone
  • jacobkuppjacobkupp Alum Member
    25 karma
    Good luck everyone, don't hit the bars too hard after! Or do haha
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    82 karma
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. I got 166,165,165,164 on my last 4 preptest, but today I got a 160 flat. Really discouraging, what do you recommend I do?
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    There's nothing you can do now. The exam is two and a half days away. Do something to take your mind off of the exam.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @InsertPseudonymHere said:
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. I got 166,165,165,164 on my last 4 preptest, but today I got a 160 flat. Really discouraging, what do you recommend I do?
    Stop studying. Stop thinking about the LSAT. Do whatever it takes so that on Saturday morning you are driven, awake, and EXCITED to prove you can get an amazing mark!
  • cliffinesscliffiness Alum Member
    86 karma
    Hi last minute panic thoughts but has it ever happened that they put three logical reasoning sections one after another?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They could but who cares? If you're ready to take a real administration then the ordering of sections and the identity of the fifth section should not matter one bit. Even if you suck at LR, your best case scenario would be three straight LRs to start the test with the first being experimental so you can get warmed up. But that still shouldn't matter regardless. If that's your worst case scenario then just expect it to be that and in all likelihood things will turn out better than that. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    @djkrd92 said:
    "Whatever shall befall me on October 3rd, 2015...I will have gone out fighting to the bitter end." -Not Abraham Lincoln.
    I heard Abraham Lincoln was terrible at logic games.
    @Pacifico said:
    Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!
    This right here is why Pacifico is the man!

Good luck, Everyone!!!! In the immortal words of Leslie Nielsen...

• "Skip Them. Keep Moving." Excellent advice. My pride gets in my way sometimes and keeps me from moving on. I tell myself, "I can get this..just ten more seconds...." Next thing I know I've wasted 3 minutes on one damn question. This adds to the stress of an already stressful test. Don't let your pride get in the way of skipping a question or two. We got this! Boom!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Lot's of love to all of you who just took this test!! <3