Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone afraid of getting sick

lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
edited September 2015 in General 379 karma
I've been having a Little scratch in my throat, and a bit of mucus waking up for the past week. I am in isolation to not get sick but at times I do have to face humanity and risk it.
Im taking emergenC, vitamins,eating pumpkin seeds but this scratch is no leaving. I am praying it won't plant itself likr a bomb on Oct 3.
If anyone has positive stories of getting a cold on lsat day and still acing it that would make me feel great lol.

Comments

• allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited September 2015 246 karma
    I got sick several days before the test and was still a little under the weather on test day and did just fine. I actually got my best ever PT score when I was feeling quite sick and very groggy from medicine and lack of sleep.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Luv u
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Sounds like allergies.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Sounds like the start of a cold... I'd gargle some listerine 2-3 times a day. Get yourself some mucinex cough syrup, mucinex congestion pills, and especially their nasal spray. Start the syrup and pills now and if you get congested on game day hit that nasal spray and you won't even know you're sick.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Do the pumpkin seeds help or hurt the scratchy throat?
    @lpadr009 said:
    eating pumpkin seeds
  • lil2015lil2015 Alum Member
    30 karma
    I also feel catching a cold and a headache now (taking the Oct.3 test)...Try boil a ginger soup, it may help your body get warm and let the cold going away sooner. Hope it helps ;D
  • odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
    136 karma
    Agree with allergic, I have been under the weather for about 2 weeks, same symptoms as you, and on the first day it was the worst. Took a PT on the second day and I am pretty sure I scored a 171, which is my highest ever. Who knows, the fear of being/getting sick might put you into the zone and make you score even better. :)
    379 karma
    Thank you all!!!! I Love this forum. @nye8870 lol I meant those are a healthy snack because they have zinc.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @lpadr009 I am worried too. I always have a scratchy throat and I fear that halfway through the first three sections I might experience a situation where I really feel the need to wet my whistle and I will not be allowed to do-so. What then? Just keep clearing my throat over and over? The other testers are going to hate me. BTW...when I sat for the June 2014 test I did not know about that restriction and I took little sips every so often and nobody gave me any grief. But now as I read some of the other posts I worry that I may have just been lucky and I should not count on that happening again. *invention idea- hollow pencil that contains just a small shot of water which can be accessed by unscrewing the eraser* Best-o-luck!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Being sick actually increases your score by +5.

I have no data to back me up on this, just believe pls.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Y'all, just pre-hydrate! Drink a gallon of water today, tomorrow, and Friday. You'll be well-hydrated for the exam without having to drink much, if any, the morning of.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    Being sick actually increases your score by +5.

I have no data to back me up on this, just believe pls.
    hahahaha
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    If you're already beginning to get sick, vitamin C is kind of too late. Although still take that for sure. What you need is garlic, a natural antibiotic. Onion is an antiseptic.

Anyway, I don't wanna bore you with the science, but just eat the following if it's getting worse by the day: garlic, onion, hot pepper, ginger/turmeric (a natural anti-inflammatory, which is often the cause of some of those symptoms), and sleep well and stay hydrated. Echinacea, which can be found in a herbal juice form is also an anti biotic.
    379 karma
    You guys are supper helfpul. :) @bSM45LSAT I AM CONVINCED.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Drink a gallon of water today, tomorrow, and Friday. You'll be well-hydrated for the exam without having to drink much, if any, the morning of.
    This. I’d also avoid Chinese food, pizza, or any kind of bready/salty food Friday and Saturday morning.