Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MBTI Type

2»

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @petitigre Just three. And I'm not really a full ENTJ. My extroversion and introversion are just about balanced. I used to be a lot more extroverted when I was younger.
  • eastringeastring Alum Member
    109 karma
    INTJ - that of Michelle Obama/Hilary Clinton/John F Kennedy :)
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @eastring - Another INTJ! Are you a guy or gal? I've never met another female INTJ.
    edited August 2015 3658 karma
    Hmm...so many of the mentors are NTJ's...conspiracy! ;)

(I kid)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    ISFP here.

(If anyone is wondering, here's a quick version of the quiz: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp)
    3658 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Hmm...I got the same thing using your source. Hey, it's consistent!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @ENTJ Had to share this with you/all...
    Colbert's type
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    INTJ
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    that's great, @nye8870

We're taking bets on @"J.Y. Ping" 's type.

Anyone want to join in on that?
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Anyone want to join in on that?
    Just the last letter...I'll say P rather than J.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    STFU!!! That was hilarious! Colbert is killing it!
    7965 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    I'll say P rather than J.
    @ENTJ and I have money on J.
  • fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    227 karma
    ENFJ
    I am
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    ENTJ
  • legally_chelslegally_chels Alum Member
    206 karma
    Just took the test and I'm an ESFJ.
    edited October 2015 3658 karma
    Why is this thread still even open??? You noobs!
    3658 karma
    "INFP?!...S-T-F-U". Hilarious...
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Just realized what this is :@; I'm an INTP!!!
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Female INTJ. Redhead. Can't get rarer than that.
    edited October 2015 7965 karma
    The woman in the Colbert video is a Princeton alum! She emailed the discussion lists the other day :D heheeeeee
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    @sockstcat said:
    INFJ, last time I checked.
    @rebelwendy
    So happy to find kindred spirits! And that we get the mother of dragons! YASSS
  • RebelwendyRebelwendy Alum Member
    168 karma
    @pujals That is pretty amazing! Go us!
  • ChrissyChrissy Free Trial Member
    47 karma
    INFJ
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    Just came across this discussion. Hilarious
    320 karma
    what haven't the 7sagers discussed?
    INTJ here.
    320 karma
    Just for the record you are not supposed to take it on quizzes and all. It has to be done with a professional (my cousin is one so I know) even I have just done it online. But it's not supposed to be accurate that way.
  • SimplyColeSimplyCole Member
    60 karma
    I'm an ENTJ.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited December 2015 3197 karma
    I am an ENTP but the longer I was in HR the P/J line was getting very blurred so much in fact that I tested ENTJ a few times. Stupid people... oh...wait...
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    A fun video for all of the iN and Pe to cringe at... the LSAT is against us ;)... but dont worry we will destroy everyone in court :)
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14022 karma
    @stepharizona yup, I cringed so hard.

Most of what he's saying is nonsense so I won't go there but I do want to make one point clear for those 7sagers studying hard for the LSAT. "The LSAT is bent towards those who are unimaginative" is absolute utter bullshit.

You need a lot of imagination for the LSAT. All the RC subject matter that you've never been exposed to, you need to imagine how these words on the page could describe something that makes sense and is real. For LR and the RRE questions, all the potential explanations of phenomenon that no one's ever told you, you need imagine their possibility. Or at least you need to be open and receptive to them when you encounter them in the answer choices.

Scientists are some of the most imaginative people in the world. What grand imagination it took for a scientist to realize that the force that pulls an apple from a tree is the exact same force that holds the Earth in orbit around the Sun. (Trivial to us now, but it wasn't always so.) Logical v. imaginative is a false dichotomy.

It's fun to play with astrology or the MBTI but realize that both are pseudo sciences that takes advantage of the Barnum or Forer effect: "the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people."

Since he mentioned the top LSAT scorers that he knows, I'll counter with the top LSAT scorers that I know. They all have a firm grasp of logic and their ability to think critically enhances their intuition and judgment which helps them sense, feel, or perceive the right answers.

Rest assured that the LSAT is not bent towards any particular personality "type". Rather it's bent towards your mastery over the concepts we cover in our core curriculum and how much work you put in. So, study hard!
    3197 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Rest assured that the LSAT is not bent towards any particular personality "type". Rather it's bent towards your mastery over the concepts we cover in our core curriculum and how much work you put in. So, study hard!
    Agreed, and I too know a number of iN Pe who were top scorers. Ultimately in the end, like you said, it absolutely comes down to mastering the fundamentals. I do think understanding our natural abilities and tendencies can help us get do that. For me, games come naturally. Seeing the logic in LR vs not getting distracted by... why cant they have both the mall and the vibrant downtown, a bit more challenging. :)
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    ENFJ
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    edited March 2016 453 karma
    I am an ENTJ - Assertive, aka 'The Commander.' If you read the full description, you will see that this personality type makes for a great lawyer or judge. I don't think this is as good a predictor of future success as the LSAT, but, regardless, it gives me motivation. :D
    3658 karma
    This thread simply won't die! ^o^
    3197 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    This thread simply won't die! ^o^
    Lol the regrets of starting a thread... :) It popped up in my side bar yesterday and came back to life
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    INTP fo' life!