Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did it go? October 3rd 2015 LSAT 7Sagers?

jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
in General 844 karma
You guys just take one of the most difficult exams and you guys rock! How do you guys feel about it? Is there any section particularly difficult?

Comments

• TankstinTankstin Member
    38 karma
    I had an experimental LG. I'm pretty sure I got perfect on it with 9 or 10 minutes to spare. I then proceeded to struggle mightily through the real one as my last section.

If o had to do poorly on a section im glad it was my last. And im still hopeful for the 170 range since I found the rest to be a breeze.

I'm so glad I set the bar so high. LG was the least of my worries, but I went in prepared and i guess you never know when your best section will kick you in the head. Feel blessed that head kick will be less devastating to me than others.
  • alekssloaleksslo Member
    21 karma
    @Tankstin I had the same experience and with LG too. How do you know which of the two is the real experimental though? I read in multiple articles that since 2011, LSAC purposely made the experimental section to be any of the 5 sections, not one of the first three like before. Is that inaccurate info?
    38 karma
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident it was the real one that I bombed. It could be a pleasant surprise in a few week, but im not holding out hope.

The format was very typical of the most recent tests, whereas the experimental one seemed like all the games were the same, and almost overly simplistic.
  • alekssloaleksslo Member
    edited October 2015 21 karma
    That's exactly how I felt. I almost second guessed myself because one of the LG sections was so simple,that it was almost just too good to be true.
  • HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    I did poorly on the first LG section, but my second LG seemed better than the other ones.

Overall quite sad since I'll probably have to take December's LSAT. Watch broke so couldn't time myself and kept running out of time on LR/RC sections...
  • perry01perry01 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I felt the same thing about LG! I had LG for experimental and because it was so easy, I had to double check all the rules because I was sure I was missing something! Then got to the 5th game and was completely lost! It felt like it was the hardest game ever! WTH
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    227 karma
    Wait, are we allowed to discuss which sections we had to collectively figure out which one was the experimental?
  • natashabanks1natashabanks1 Free Trial Member
    55 karma
    Yes we can only discuss topics but not question types.

I'll start:

real RC had Beethoven and copyrights
    Real LG had fall/spring

I had three LRs 26, 25, 25 sou need to figure out which LR was experimental
    82 karma
    Did the real LG have the museum question, or the shift work question?
  • kyeretsiankyeretsian Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Real RC had Beethoven and Popper, real LG had Fall/ Spring and Criminals. Anyone know which LR was experimental? Had one with the Anderson family, another 'easy' one and a really odd LR.
    82 karma
    Argh, I messed up on the real LG section...and crushed the experimental. Feels like the Hitler LSAT video now.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Pretty much worst case scenario for me. I assumed that the test center would display a 35:00 min countdown on the projector in the test room, because a buddy of mine took the LSAT at the same university last year and they did exactly that. Of course the only time displayed was the clock on the wall.... Felt like I rushed more than I did on PT's. Feeling very stupid rn for not bringing a watch just in case.

That + Experimental RC (least preferred for me) + Back to back RC's = Probably taking December. On a positive note I felt really good about the games section.
    edited October 2015 227 karma
    Oh thank god. I'm pretty sure I did well on the Beethoven reading section (I had an experimental reading with... I can't even remember, wow... yeah it is just gone from my mind)

I really wish I could help you @natashabanks1 but I think the stress of the test has destroyed my memory. I can't even remember 1 LR question.
    456 karma
    @Petitgree One about native americans?
    227 karma
    @wong.awt said:
    Did the real LG have the museum question, or the shift work question?
    Shift work... although I think the shifts were at a museum...
    edited October 2015 227 karma
    @kyeretsian said:
    Had one with the Anderson family
    Me too. I had only the real LRs.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Got experimental LR. And didon't feel good while doing games :(
    227 karma
    @GordonBombay said:
    One about native americans?
    Yes! I'm not sure how specific I can get... Are we just not allowed to discuss questions or is there a higher specificity limitation? Like can I say what kind of Native Americans and what the specific topic of the passage was?
    379 karma
    Guise what what the experimental LR?? THERE WAS ONE LR SECTION THAT HAD NO ROLE PLAY QUESTION. was that the exp? Sorry caps lul
    456 karma
    @petitigre I'm not the most familiar with the rules on posting specifics but I thought the same thing and thought that anything more than native americans would be too much.
    38 karma
    The good news is if we all bombed the LG, it's like none of did ... right? (Plz based curve)
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    I had 3 LR sections.
    LR 26, LR 26, RC, LR 25 LG
    379 karma
    Lmao thr last rc about auxiliary whatevers omg that was a blurr
  • bookworm2663bookworm2663 Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I had 3 LR sections. There was one that has 2 questions on one prompt that I HOPE was the experimental because it felt so much more difficult than the other LR sections.
    379 karma
    @bookworm2663 oh wait I didn't have that and I had 3 LRs as well
    82 karma
    2 on one prompt should have been exp
    4 karma
    @lpadr009 Heck. Yes. Haha okay. What did you have?
    55 karma
    But Lol at the LR question that took up legit half of the page
    55 karma
    So reading this and others, the real LR had one 25 question and one 26 question but that's all I can deduct from figuring out LR experimental
    1294 karma
    So weird that I had exp LR but have no recollection of the 2 question stimulus. Other ppl with experimental can't remember either. I'm pretty sure one of the 25 question sections was the real one and the exp had 26 questions. (I had two 26 LR sections).

I'm wondering if lsac changed their style and had two different sents of LR experimental
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    I had no experimental LR and I might remember a couple from the last section: microdiamonds; two kinds of hammers; and two lakes in a mountain & why one of them lost species while the other didn't. Hope it helps
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I'm trying to figure out which LR was experimental. I got three.
    First 26 questions.
    Second 25

RC

Third 25 Questions, one with a dogs/extinct animals.
    LG.

HALP.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    ^ the 26 question one is def one of them
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 82 karma
    @wong.awt said:
    exp
    What do you mean by 2 questions on one prompt? Like a single page had only two questions on it? There's been some PTs with 2 questions on one page before (ie. PT02).

All I know is that one of my LR sections had like 4 of the same question types in succession. I'm hoping that was the EXP one.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @badgalriri said:
    ^ the 26 question one is def one of them
    I figured. The second LR section I feel MIGHT be the experimental because 1. it came before the break and 2. it was kind of....... off from the rest of the exam? I felt all of the other sections were on par with each other difficulty wise except this LR.
  • trentfujiitrentfujii Alum Member
    edited October 2015 3 karma
    how can we tell which was the experimental? I thought there was not way?
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The experimental section does not have to be consistent across individual tests. So, if two people had exp LR they wouldn't necessarily have the same exp LR. The same goes for LG and RC.
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 82 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    the
    Feel the exact same. After the 1st section I had two LR's back to back before the break. Both were 26 questions, and the one before the break was, at least in my opinion, very challenging.

I hope that was the EXP, because if not I know for a fact that section killed my score.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    I thought both game sections (real & experimental) were tough.Otherwise, the test seemed standard LSAT fare...(that's fare not fair). Nerves wrecked me first 5 min. but then settled in a nice groove. BTW...crushed the writing section .. Bow chicka wow wow!
    4 karma
    @InsertPseudonymHere There was an info paragraph and then two questions on the info in that paragraph. It was on the first LR section I had and it had 26 questions total on it. I just remember every single question being a challenge on that one and the other two LR sections were more normal in difficulty.

@trentfujii The real LG section had a sequencing game, a game about cookbooks in the fall and winter, a game about two shifts per day in a week, and one more that I can't remember...
  • simon_woodsimon_wood Member
    11 karma
    Anyone take the test in England? Seems like we had a totally different test to all of you, but hope you guys found it okay :)
    1294 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    econd LR section I feel MIGHT be the experimental because 1. it came before the break and 2. it was kind of....... off from the rest of the exam
    I read that the experimental can be any section now since lsac changed their rules in 2011. It used to be before the break, now it can be even the 4th or 5th section.
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    The real LG sucked.... Don't know why I stunk so bad on the newspaper game and the 2 shift game.... Very frustrating....
    1294 karma
    @DByrne07 said:
    the 2 shift game.... Very frustrating....
    Man that game gave me trouble. I sunk so much time in that game that I went into the last game with 8 minutes left and was very lucky to just finish the entire section on time.
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    Too many rules for the shift game, especially after sinking a decent amount of time for the newspaper game.

Didn't think the LR was that bad actually.... RC was slightly tougher than average.

I scored a 144 last year so I think I scored better this year, but the two games I think might have killed my goal of getting a 160.
  • Alex SoCalAlex SoCal Alum Member
    edited October 2015 22 karma
    Wait, so did anyone who only have 1 LR sections get a question about Chairmen, Vicechairmen, Directors, and how they served the board of directors in sub committees?????????? PLEASE TELL ME YES!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited October 2015 522 karma
    Had RC, LR, LR, LG, and then LR.

Absolutely bombed that 2shift game, kind of by misreading a rule, but more because Game 2 took up time. I made a smart move I think by looking at clock and seeing 10min left, then skipping Game 3, and going onto 4 which was much easier. Went back to game 3 and circled all one bubble, PLEASE BE RIGHT LOL.

About LR, there was one SUPER hard LR, which was my first one, 26 questions. The second one and third were much easier, but the first and second were 26, while last one was 25 so I'm pretty sure last one is legit, which is fine I think I did okay. BUT that first LR, I'm pretty sure I bombed it, but I doubt it would be experimental because then LR would be too easy overall.

Also RC felt way too easy, I kinda phased myself out thinking it was experimental because it was so damn easy. I mean until the last comparative passage which was a frigging blur.
  • odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
    136 karma
    I had the 3 lr, 26 26 25, rc 27, and lg 23. Based on this one of my experimental was a 26, because if not that would be 102 questions. Luckily the two 26s were my worst sections.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    If the real LG section is the one identified above, I had it right after the break, and I totally bombed because I lost my flow, despite getting my blood flowing, eating, and drinking. I really lost my cool, sadly, and ended up filling in bubbles just to get some answers down. I was hoping for upper 150s, but I think that real LG may have killed that hope, unless I'm really lucky.
    1294 karma
    @odebs2797 said:
    I had the 3 lr, 26 26 25, rc 27, and lg 23. Based on this one of my experimental was a 26, because if not that would be 102 questions. Luckily the two 26s were my worst sections.
    Haha same, I'm pretty sure I bombed on one of the 26 lr sections, so hopefully that's the experimental.