Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did it go? October 3rd 2015 LSAT 7Sagers?

2»

Comments

• bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    edited October 2015 522 karma
    @profile427 said:
    If the real LG section is the one identified above, I had it right after the break, and I totally bombed because I lost my flow, despite getting my blood flowing, eating, and drinking. I really lost my cool, sadly, and ended up filling in bubbles just to get some answers down. I was hoping for upper 150s, but I think that real LG may have killed that hope, unless I'm really lucky.
    My LG was also the one right after the break. With the Fall/Spring stuff, pretty sure that is the real LG as it's the only one I had.

I didn't think of it, but the break might have ruined my flow too ugh.

Don't stress, I think we all fucked up this section.
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    CONGRATS! WE MADE IT THROUGH OCTOBER!!

I had 3 LRs:

RC
    LR (easy)
    LR (hard)
    LG
    LR (medium)

I'm hoping that the 2nd LR was the experimental.....I just remember that the 3rd one had a disagree question, in which one of the guys name was like "Jung Soo" (I only remember because i was thinking 'korean represent'!) the same one also had the one about ancient birds with hissing.

I'm hoping that the one with Newspapers and when they should publish certain things, was the experimental...

anyone???
  • ad301201ad301201 Alum Member
    17 karma
    Did the real RC have the Big Bang passage?
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 1294 karma
    @akd17 said:
    the Big Bang passage
    Nope. I had only one RC section and didn't have a passage about the big bang.
  • singerhannasingerhanna Member
    edited October 2015 35 karma
    @Matt1234567

I had the exact same sequence of sections as you: LR 26, LR 26, RC, LR 25 LG
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 82 karma
    @djkrd92 said:
    the
    Same test layout, felt the same about each section, remember the hissing question. I got shrek'd by that LR section. I honestly felt it was harder than normal.

Please LSACgod be the experimental section. My entire score is relying on that being the EXP hahaha. It's the difference between me getting a 165 and sub-160.

I think it was graded though. Let's just hope lady luck was on my side.

EDIT: or maybe my 3rd LR section did have the hissing and not the 2nd. Who knows. I need to stop thinking about it hahaha.
    35 karma
    @djkrd92 did your third section have 26 or 25 questions?
    1294 karma
    @singerhanna said:
    questions and the third LR section had a lot of necessary assumption questions.
    I'm pretty sure the third one (25 questions) was part of the actual exam and one of the first two was the experimental.
    edited October 2015 35 karma
    @Matt1234567
    true. I think you are right about that.
    1294 karma
    @singerhanna said:
    did you second LR section have an unusually large amount of disagreement questions?
    I honestly can't remember. After the RC section and the lsat LR section my brain was pretty much fried lol.
    35 karma
    @Matt1234567 fair. most of it was a blur.
  • ad301201ad301201 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 17 karma
    @djkrd92
    The hissing birds one was real
  • HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    OK thank God the spring/fall section is real. Only section I have confidence in.

After thinking back on it, the shift work question is actually really easy, just that no one would expect to make that many game boards before starting the questions
    75 karma
    @singerhanna I'm not sure about the number of questions...i never checked how many there were but the fact that I think I had 25 is making me freak out and think I misbubbled haha
    75 karma
    @InsertPseudonymHere

Hahah I feel the same way but about that second LR....

Do you or anyone know which of those sections te running elephants was in?? Because I heard that one was real
    82 karma
    The mention of misbubbling is putting me on edge right now. The thought never occurred to me.
  • alekssloaleksslo Member
    21 karma
    Those of you with 2 LG sections, do you remember what games were the ones in the 1st set before the break?
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    I feel really good about it, but that scares me. I've never felt good about a PT before, so now I'm panicking. Especially because the last LG seemed too simple while the 3rd one was rough.
    edited October 2015 82 karma
    Theft at some place with lights going off, two naked people prancing through the building and people making noises. (one game)

It was all similar game types.
    75 karma
    @wong.awt

Sorry! I think we're overthinking..
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 213 karma
    @bSM45LSAT -- Well, it appears that perhaps at least the majority effed up the section. Ugh. May Lady Luck bless those cursed bubbles for us.

At least now I can justify having drinner tonight.
    82 karma
    I really hope they count this test as extremely hard so I can get a higher score. Because it was absolutely horrendous for me
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the curve for this test was determined like over 3 years ago and not on the distribution of how the collective test takers did today. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    522 karma
    @profile427 said:
    having drinner tonight.
    We both need to sleep hahahaha.
  • awoodwo1awoodwo1 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor I think you're right in part, but that they take the wretched 3 weeks between test date and release date to adjust accordingly. So basically they have a projected curve and might tinker with it, say if a bunch of people bomb the real section of the LG. I'm pretty sure that's part of the reason it takes so long to get scores back.

But seriously guys... glad to hear I wasn't the only one that stumbled through the real LG section. I have worked so hard at games and thought I was in good shape! I don't know what happened! I'm seriously hoping they adjust that curve.........
  • DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma
    Awoodwo1 - you're not alone... I screwed up the LGs; games 2 and 3 threw off my timing.... Irritated b/c I spent a good amount of time thinking I could get -4 or less on that section....
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor no. You are correct.
  • FWDTexasFWDTexas Alum Member
    52 karma
    Just took the October test after getting a 160 in June. I think the LG section was harder this time with the LR and RC being about average with the rest of the 70-75 tests. I also moved on to the 4th (much easier game) and came back to the 3rd. I'm just hoping my other 3 sections make up for what I know will be a below average LG for me. It seemed like the curve breaker LR questions were harder then I usually find them, but they didn't seem to bad after eliminating wrong answers. I also switched test centers this time and that was a terrible decision. My new location had everyone in the same room in the middle of a library filled with people and very crowded tables. Probably going to retake again in December if I don't get at least a 164.
    522 karma
    @DByrne07 said:
    Awoodwo1 - you're not alone... I screwed up the LGs; games 2 and 3 threw off my timing.... Irritated b/c I spent a good amount of time thinking I could get -4 or less on that section....
    Game 2 wasn't bad, I think it just ate a lot of time, I didn't even realize it. Literally I thought I was on pace until I hit game 3, misread a rule, tried every question in the first question to realize nothing worked, panicked, went back and saw I misread the rule, fixed it, looked at my clock to see 10min. Like WUUUUUUT even happened.
  • ChrissyChrissy Free Trial Member
    47 karma
    This is my first time taking the test and after it I left numb. For me the hardest section was reading comp. I felt like every passage was difficult to grasp but maybe because it was section one. The logic games I think i did good on (all except the shift game. And the LR I honestly don't know how I did. So I am nervous. But if I do bad is it ok to retake in February.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    @FWDTexas Was it Unt????
  • FWDTexasFWDTexas Alum Member
    52 karma
    @GordonBombay Yea it was. Last time I took it at the Collin County learning center or something. We had a huge table to ourselves and there were only like 15 people to a room. If you retake I would highly recommend you take it there and not UNT.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Since this was my second round today since 2013, I have to say that it was helpful that I had a baseline and knew what to expect. Speaking to a handful of first-timers in line was interesting, and I found myself trying to chill them out (mama bear, I dunno).

Another thing I learned, which may be more due to the fact that this was my second time, is that it was so much nicer taking the LSAT at a community college versus NU (one of my alma maters).

I thought that I would feel more "at home" at NU (don't they always so "test where you're familiar?"), but in retrospect it felt like a pressure cooker with too many competitive molecules flying through the air. The CC where I sat for the LSAT today gave me an entire table to myself and was carpeted (meaning less chair noises and screeching). The CC setting seemed to have a bit more diversity in age, too, which helped me realize that it's okay to try this as a second career.

However, in the end, I've dropped a good chunk of cash on taking the test twice, in addition to testing materials and courses, so I kind of feel like with whatever happens this time around, this is it. Unless I end up applying and shoot for February for some scholarship money (or does it not work out that way)?

All I know is that "real LG" completely fried me today and made me question all things good in this world.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 578 karma
    @simon_wood Tests outside of the US are undisclosed and are totally different from the ones test-takers in the US get. I took the LSAT the first time in Germany and when PT 72 was released, not a single question I could remember was the same as what I saw on PT 72.

• mssmith2893mssmith2893 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    @simon_wood i took the test in Asia and this is all very confusing to me because i had a COMPLETELY different test from what everyone is talking about here. Did you have a LG problem about straight through vs layover flights? i only had one LG so i know it wasn't experimental. i have never heard that they administer completely different tests on the same day based on region!!
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    edited October 2015 280 karma
    @mssmith2893 how was the Asia test for you? @simon_wood How was the test in England? I've been reading on TLS and it's interesting to hear the different views. With the exception of Game 3 on LG they all seem to be very happy with the U.S. Test.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They have to give different ones in countries that are separated by a significant enough number of time zones because you could just call someone and tell them information about the test after you finish and before they go in...
  • zoew1021zoew1021 Member
    edited October 2015 8 karma
    I bombed the last RC passage. I had no idea what it was talking about. Potentially missed all 8 questions associated with it My average on practice tests was in the 170s, but there is no way I broke 170 on the test. I also really messed up timing throughout the test, which I never do during practice tests. I straight up guessed on 4-5 questions. I'll probably retake in December, and this time around, I will DEFINITELY practice timing with my watch. I used the 7Sage App while studying, which was much easier to use than a watch. I kept forgetting to reset my watch, and I found myself playing with it some during the test!
  • silcal11silcal11 Member
    47 karma
    I got also two LGs. The first one was so easy to be true; when doing that LG, I was kind of scare of what was waiting for me after the break. The second one was on section 5 (it was difficult). I think I messed up in RC (Beethoven...) I did not finished the last one (Newtown..), which seem kind of easy.
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    @zoew1021 said:
    I will DEFINITELY practice timing with my watch
    I got a $15 watch from Walmart that had an elapsed time bezel. 2nd best investment that I made for the test (2nd to 7sage). I would just move the bezel to the time that we were starting new sections and see where the minute hand was on the bezel rather than worrying about resetting my watch between each section or doing math to see where the 35 minute mark would be. I don't know if you had trouble with that, but it was why I was using the 7sage App on my PTs.
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    edited October 2015 227 karma
    I asked to make sure I could have two watches (my watch broke during a PT so I wanted to have a backup) even though I knew I could, but I wanted to put it in the proctors' awareness so I wouldn't run into trouble during the exam, but another proctor pointed at my second watch, rather angry, while I was doing the LG section, and started saying "You--" but then something must have clicked because she said "sorry" and moved on.

Wtf.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the curve for this test was determined like over 3 years ago

If this person is correct then so are you DHA.
  • simon_woodsimon_wood Member
    11 karma
    @mssmith2893 yes that's the exact LG I had!! Was your experimental LR? My format was LR RC LR / LR LG. I thought LG was surprisingly ok, the first 3 a shot through but then layover game was kinda tricky but still think I did ok. First LR was alright, I suck at RC anyway so found that a little difficult, 2nd LR was kinda hard and 3rd LR was ok-ish. We must have a totally different test to everyone else
  • simon_woodsimon_wood Member
    11 karma
    @mes08 Yeah knew it was undisclosed because I took it in June too, very annoying. Weird how they give a different one to foreigners though, I guess it's to stop any possibility of cheating due to the timezone complications etc, makes sense. Oh well, hope I did alright...
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @nye8870 Depressing, but thanks for the video. Helped clear a few things up.